This summer has been a blur... June was nonexistent... a new baby, lots of rain and then it was gone. July fourth traditions came and went, a week long family reunion with the Huber side of the family, Oliver's blessing, and then pioneer day... it was all so much fun and then July was over... and now I can't believe it's August?? My sister's have both been here visiting... I have been waiting for August to get here for a long time, looking forward to introducing Oliver to his aunties, watching our kiddos wrapped up in the joy of being with cousins, spending time talking and laughing like only sister's can... and now it's here and their visit is almost over and it feels like a blur... Sara, my sister just older than I, arrived from California first with her beautiful Claire and her two little red headed... firecracker boys. How I love them! Julie was next to get here from New York with her round little belly and Ruby Jane in tow. They came bringing news that "It's a girl!" we couldn't be happier that finally, someone in our family gets to raise "sisters" :) We have been going and doing NON STOP since they arrived and I have so many pictures and stories to share... family get together's, camping, dad's retirement party, bear lake...
I wish it were always this way... that we were together more...that my sister's lived just around the corner, so that I didn't have to only be able to wish I were there to help when Sara had car pool difficulties or sick children. So that she could come sit on my couch and give me advice as we sip a diet coke together on a bad day. I wish that I could watch Julie's belly grow so big that she can no longer see her toes to paint... and I'd do the painting for her, that I could call her on the phone for a last minute lunch date and shopping at the mall, that our kids could play and giggle together everyday...
having my sister's HERE is bliss...
I will share all the details and photos when life returns to normal. For now, I'm off to make more memories... to soothe my heart later...when they are gone and I'm left wishing.
25% Off. Don’t Pay Full Price.
1 week ago





5 comments:
Being a sister who lives far away, i get teary reading your post. I hope you enjoy all the moments you have with your family. summer is the best!
Hi Emily, what a beautiful update! You put the explanation of summer perfectly "blur". It all comes and goes like the wind. I took the kids school shopping this past week. I can't believe it.
I definately take my sister so close to me for granted most days. I do get to watch my sister's belly swell. Thank you for reminding me how special that is.
Enjoy the rest of summer! Can't wait to see pics!
Sisters ARE the best (and sister-in-laws :)
Enjoy these last few weeks of summer. I am not ready for it to end . . .
Em, I hear ya! I'm so glad I have my sister, and my mom close... When Brookie was far away, it was SO HARD. It was so hard to not be there for her when she needed me most. She went through HARD times while away from home. It's hard to have Judd far away, I miss him daily. There is always an empty feeling when they're away.
Em,
Sorry this is lame, but I don't have anyone's email and just wanted to let you know that we are thinking of your Fam. I hope all is well. Let us know if you need anything.
Post a Comment