Tuesday, February 9, 2010

LOVE

I know I promised at least one picture on my next post so I will apologize up front about the fact that this is yet another post of TALK, no pictures.  Amuse me and pretend that YOU, my ten readers really care about that ok??  So here is what's on my mind.

My little sister Julie is traveling from New York to Utah today.  She is postpartum (don't you hate that word, why couldn't they think of a better word for new moms... it just sounds ugly... but if you only say "she just had a new baby"  it sound more fluffy... and easy somehow, which it is NOT... so postpartum it is!)  Anyway she is postpartum just 7 weeks.  We are the type of girls who usually hide any sort of hard ship... everything is just fine... meaning...she'd never admit to IT but those who have had babies know how it feels to be seven weeks out- frazzled is the first word that comes to mind and closely after that is tired, emotional, stressed, fried etc.... you get the picture.  anyway my little sister is traveling today I'm sure feeling all of  the mentioned emotions- with her new FUSSY baby and her ACTIVE, SPICY 3 year old... Her husband is working (he's a doctor) so there's no going in late for him, no lunch break to come home and help during...she is on her own.  Had to do all the thinking, get everything together, pack it all into suitcases... while caring for her two youngins.  Making sure to have the "entertainment items"  and necessities accessible for the FIVE hour plane ride plus the two hour lay over in Detroit.... my heart goes out to her and I get a big lump in my throat just thinking about her today.  I talked to Julie just as she was leaving this morning and the stroller that she really needed to make life easier at the airport was in her husbands car AT WORK.  not off to a very good start....

and then when she got dropped off at the airport she learned that their flight was delayed an hour...
so she had to sit even longer and entertain babies even longer...
Bless her heart.

We pressured her into coming... oh, she wanted to come of course but to really come alone is a big deal and a big expense.  It's all in the name of LOVE... she loves us, her family... she learned that Sara was coming from L.A. and didn't want to miss out on the opportunity for her new little Francie to meet all of us... and we are all dying to meet her too.  (plus there is nothing worse than knowing your family is going to be together without you) Julie longed to come and Sara couldn't resist (her hearts is pure gold) and she offered to help with the expense.... if Julie would just make the trek-talk about LOVE!  So... long story short... this is a love story you know?  We will all be together for Valentine's day .... but first Julie has to make it here... (Sara will arrive on Saturday) which I'm sure she will do... I just hope not to many tears are shed in the process...send some good vibes and a little LOVE her way today for me, will you?

3 comments:

Shirlene said...

It will be so fun when she gets here. How nice to be with her sisters. I don't envy her the trip, but, "this too shall pass." Hope you all have a wonderful time together.

Curtis Moser said...

It's nice to see how close you guys are! That's a pretty rare thing nowadays. I always thought I was close to my family, but the years have separated us. Now, we rarely talk, let alone visit. Enjoy your time together, it sounds great.

Brian Owens said...

Such cute boys, Emily! Hope your sisters all got there safely and you all had a wonderful time together!