Monday, February 8, 2010

pictures....

First things first...

do you ever feel like--- not blogging?

As much as I love it... right now I really hate it. It is hanging over my head and whispering in my ear "you are getting further and further behind" and I don't like to be behind, you know...

but it seems I always am.

I have had a few nights free the past few weeks but instead of blogging I curled up on the couch to read 'the hunger games' and then 'catching fire'. I Could not stop reading those book, seriously! My new favorite books! shhhhhhh guess what?...um, Better than Twilight (did I just say that?) Yes I did say that... and its true- I loved them! And then, those other free nights??... well I just didn't feel in the blogging mood.  I'm so far behind it feels too overwhelming at 10 PM to write and upload.

I am still not really in the mood but I just went through my pictures from Christmas and my heart jumped a little just reminiscing...it was then that I realized that my camera ATE approximately FIFTY pictures!  They are gone-  the proof of the cutest bum you've ever seen in Thomas the tank engine underwear (Gabe's of cousre) Gone!  He has been potty trained for about a month now.  ONE accident is all, I tell you I love this boy!  Easiest potty training EVER!  Now if we could just get rid of the binkie....four months until he's three and it WILL be gone before then- I promise!  Oliver's adorable grin with evidence of tiny teeth buds- Gone, Oliver crawling turbo speed and walking along the furniture- Gone. (he just turned nine months old, by the way) Eli looking handsome in his boy scout uniform- Gone.  Gabe letting stray kitties into the house to share his hot dogs with them- those pictures are GONE.  Glen came to the rescue when he heard my whining but even he, a computer (and camera) genius could not find the consumed pictures... boo hoo hoo.

A few of the pictures I might be able to recreate...but it's never the same.  Looking at the bright side... less pictures to upload and write about... putting me a little more ahead of the game -huh?   Even though technology is in the dog house today... there is one little love that I have for it- Blogger FINALLY gives us an option in the settings to enlarge pictures...they are so much better large!-- goodbye to the dreaded step of going through flicker!  so technology, I will give you that ONE plug- but that's all your getting from me and my heart that is missing my pictures....

In other news- we are all in love this month- writing notes and filling up our love buckets.  My boys love this Valentine tradition of ours and it sure chases the February blues away!  I will share the details, sometime, I hope!  my sisters are both coming this month!  They'll be here for Valentines day, we're going skiing, we're doing projects, we're hanging out together EVERY day and night!  That's all good, but best of all?  I get to hold my beautiful new niece Francis.  She's already two months old and I have been dying to get my hands on her.  Plus we are going on our first EVER girls only  weekend- I cannot wait!  Now if I could just get out of doing Primary sharing times all month.... I'd be able to relax a whole lot more- that's for sure!

I wish I could set a blogging goal and make a promise to get up to date quickly... but I better not.  I am working on a few posts though... but it might be awhile til I'm able to hit publish!  But next time, I promise at least one picture not just all talk- that is.... if my camera doesn't eat them.

4 comments:

Shirlene said...

I've missed your blog. Sorry about you losing those pictures. Sounds like you have some fun times coming up.

Alleman Family said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Hunger Games books! Good for you for getting some great reading time in!!

Jennie said...

don't you worry about blogging... i feel the same way. i am trying to be better too. :)

Curtis Moser said...

Emily, I'm always happy to see you've blogged, even though it's a chore. And, of course, you know how I feel about the Twilight books (yuck), so I'm happy to hear you're liking The Hunger Games...much better reading. :)