Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Super Hero




Evan woke me up EARLY (6:30 AM!!) on Father's Day.  He was so excited to make breakfast in bed for his Dad.  I scooted over, making space for him to crawl in next to me in bed and groggily told him it was WAY to early and that it would be best to wait a awhile... you know, let DAD sleep in a bit :)  I rolled over and konked right out again but I know he laid there bright eyed, anticipating... so excited for the day!!  That is my Evan.  About an hour later I felt him shaking me and he once again asked me if it was time yet- to start on Dad's breakfast?  I knew the littles would be waking soon anyway and I didn't have the heart to make Evan wait any longer.  So we headed down to the kitchen and put on our aprons... breakfast is one of Glen's favorite meals.  I don't mean the kind of boring breakfast that he eats every morning, like cereal or toast.  I am talking about the kind of breakfast that really should be eaten for dinner... you know "the works"  -bacon, eggs, sausage, french toast, pancakes, fruit...  Glen likes all breakfast foods and one of his favorites is a breakfast sandwich!  Evan did a great job getting everything "just right" down to the details of OJ on ice with a bendy straw!  I should mention that the night before we stayed up pretty late getting our Father's Day present all ready.  Eli decided that he would opt out of the breakfast preparation in the morning- the kid really loves his sleep- so he was snoring away while Evan and I whipped it all together!  Eli came sleepily up the stairs at the last minute- just as Evan was heading up to deliver the spread.  Glen of course was beaming and raved about his breakfast in bed all day!

When we got home from church the boys could hardly wait to present their dad with his very own Super Hero supply box....


He is a Super Hero, you know?

Their Dad.

and Super Hero's need potions and vitamins...supplies,  to keep them going....


The box included things lilke, MINTS (freshens breath 4 out of 5 damsels in distress agree) X-RAY VISION DROPS (find the bomb in half the time) HERO VITAMIN PELLETS (proven effective in conquering villains 98% of the time) and ENERGY CHIPS (leap buildings in a single bound or your money back) and the box also included a new super hero T-shirt- (a spare in case he's ever in a bind) as well as the DVD four pack of the original Superman movies.  (every Super Hero needs to brush up on the competition, right?)





the boys made some cards for their Dad... er... I mean... the Super Hero.

this one is from Gabe


Evan put together this little comic book...












And this one is from Eli....



 Not only is this guy their Super Hero- he is mine too... always coming to the rescue and saving the day.  He really is a SUPER dad and I am not even kidding when I say that I am in love with him!
Happy Father's Day to our very own Super Hero!

2 comments:

Shirlene said...

Love it!! He really is a super hero! We think he is awfully special! Love you guys!!

Becca and Kent said...

What a cute idea! I love it!!