I was looking back at pictures to find out REALLY... how far behind I am with this blogging thing. And I got a little discouraged when I realized I'm behind back to Easter in April. Four months... Four months that I have a million pictures from - most of the pictures that I took in that time are "can't help myself, your so cute" photos of my babies... and the others are of all the happenings... spring break, birthdays, school out, baseball, soccer, summer... SO. much. to catch up on.... humph... I don't like playing catch up because I can't remember details, and I like details, but really, there is no time for details, right? I hope that I get to it though because I do have some pretty cute "can't help myself, your so cute!" pictures to share. And the happenings... can't leave those out... so I am going to try to do better and find time in this "there is no time for anything else"stage of life that I am currently in.
While I'm at it, I might as well leave a little update.
*Evan and Eli both tried out and made teams to play competative soccer... so they practice and play tournaments this summer
*At Eli's practice last Thursday he was doing some wicked cool move and landed on his arm instead of his feet. When he tried to get back up he realized his arm was shorter than normal and it had no strength... he looked down and found that his arm was wavy... like a roller coaster track... BROKEN!
I was out to dinner with some friends, Glen was home but had the two littles. Glen quickly took them over to my mom's house, dropped Evan off at scouts and then went to get Eli. In the meantime. Eli's coaches and some of his teammates parents were gathered around Eli trying to calm him and reassure him. I was able to talk to Eli on the phone and he was trying to be so brave through his tears. He kept telling me that it hurt so bad! I felt helpless and really bad for him! I quickly left dinner and met he and Glen at the emergency room.
The nurse put in an IV so that they could quickly relieve his pain. But the IV seemed to cause Eli even more pain than his broken arm! I wondered if it had gone bad...but the nurse didn't think so... She really was a good nurse... just bad luck! Eli was requesting ice be put on the site and just kept complaining. The pain in his broken arm wasn't getting any better either... he was given pain meds but asked for more. the nurse gave him all that she could and then told him he'd have to be ok. He was not really ok though and I should have been more persistent with the nurse in wondering what was going on... Finally after x- rays they decided to crank his bones back in place so they had to give him more medicine to sedate him. the medicine would not go into the IV because, of course the IV was not working, had not been all along!!!!! No wonder Eli never had any pain relief and no wonder the IV HURT so bad! I was totally heart broken for poor Eli and should have acted on my gut feelings about the IV. The nurse stuck him again and this time the IV worked, he was medicated and the doctor began pulling and yanking his arm back into place. Glen nearly lost his dinner... but when all was done and Eli's arm was straight again and in a splint...we had a pretty good laugh at the all the crazy talk from him. The medication made him so loopy! it was hilarious! We asked the doctor if we could get a prescription of the stuff to have on hand in case we need some good entertainment! :)
Anyway... It has been a bit of an adjustment to get used to Eli's handicap.... His right arm, of course! Instead of just two babies- now I have three! Three kids who need their food cut up, three kids who need help in the bath tub. threee kids who can't dress themselves, and the potty... me and Eli both get the giggles almost everytime! He is a good sport about it and is finding ways to enjoy what is left of summer with a broken arm! Evan has been so sympathetic, kind and helpful. He was so worried about Eli at first. I still see him put his hand on Eli's back offering support as he climbs into the car or goes up the stairs. Evan gets Eli all set up for dinner and has even helped with potty duty too! What would I do without my sweet Evan!
* We got a big 18 ft. above ground pool at the beginning of the summer. We decided the kids would have more fun with it than a swing set... Evan and Eli are little fish. Gabe is finally getting more comfortable in the water and it has been the best purchase! We are all in the pool almost everyday! our yard is so private and we had a great spot of empty dirt with all this property so it has been perfect! The view of the mountains almost makes it feel like getting in the pool is a little get a way of sorts!
*Ollie is running around, seriously. He runs! He is the cutest little guy. a little shrimp but he makes up for it in personality. He is a ham and oh boy, he has a temper! None of our other boys have been so full of spunk at such a young age... (or maybe...ever!) he's determined, he wants what he wants and he does not forget! He even throws fits... like lay on the floor, run to the corner kind of fits:) It has been interesting and we are trying to learn how to deal with him and help him not be frustrated! He is smart just like the others and is talking a lot! I am just going to list the things he says...
Da-da, Da-dee
Mama
Ma ma = grandma
papa = grandpa
E-da = Evan
E-i = Eli
binkie
Uh-vee = lovee(his blanket)
shoes
show (he points to the TV and wants to watch a show)
hat
truck
duck
dink = drink
out
up
uh-oh
outside
dant do = thank you
wing-wing = swing
fan
autch = ouch
ight = light
hot
kitty
Hi
Buh-bye
goggie = doggie
dis = this
dat = that (he points at everything and asks dat? dis? )
bu = book
ook-ee = cookie
ka-ker = cracker
ba-ba = bottle
na- na- na = no, no, no
doe = don't
(Yes those last two we are very proud of... ha ha... what do we expect with 3 older brothers, right?)
he also makes the following animal sounds- cow, monkey, bear, elephant, goat, horse, kitty, doggie, sheep, chicken...
Whew... quite the list huh, and I'm sure I've forgotten to list a few! He is a smartie. A few other facts on Oll... He loves the horses in the pasture next door. LOVES them! He looks out the window and makes horse noises at them. When we are outside... he is over by the fence. He picks grass all day long to feed them. he makes kissey sounds with his mouth to call them over to us. He pets them... he is obsessed! he also loves airplanes. He gets so excited when he hears one flying overhead. he puts his hand up in the sky and zooms it around like an airplane. We have had construction trucks out in the front yard/street all summer (new sewer line) and so he loves trucks and make truck noises all the time too. He is timid about bugs and pulls his hands into his chest if we suggest he hold one. He loves to dance- the louder the music, the better. He spins and shakes his stuff- very cute! He loves to look at books. is attached to his binkie and lovee and you should see the waves he makes in the tub! He loves to wrestle and climbs up on everything. He folds his arms for prayer and says Amen then throws his arms in the arm. He gets so excited each night after prayers when we do our family cheer. He puts his little hand in with all of ours and can hardly wait for the part when we say "goooooo Huber's" and raise our hands to the ceiling... He has got it down! Our Oliver is pretty fun to have around!
p.s. secretly, I like the spunk in him...I'm proud of it because he gets it from ME. the others are good, like Glen! Ollie is all my boy!
*Sister trip with all of my sister in laws and mother in law was fabulous...loved the pool, the food, the talk...love them!
*We went camping and came home early thanks to Oliver and his disposition... frustrated with the hills while walking, wanted to jump in the lake but mom wouldn't let him, unable to sleep for naps and at night... he was pretty much a grump... which made me a grump... so we packed up. other than Oliver's shenanigans- we did have a pretty good time though!
*My sister Julie has been here from New York for a few weeks we have been going non stop! the splash pad, parks, the mall, walks, eating out, bear lake etc....AND my sister Sara arrives tomorrow... you know how I feel about my sisters... in heaven!
* Summer Primary Activity was a success. check that off the list... but the list is still never ending...
*All in all we are having a great summer and I hope that someday I will get caught up enough to write all about it and post pictures too... who knows?
That's all for now...
25% Off. Don’t Pay Full Price.
1 week ago





5 comments:
Oh, so sorry to hear about Eli!! Look forward to seeing you guys soon. Love you all!!
I'm feeling a bit like you about blogging. So behind that I don't even know where to start or when I'll have a chance to do it. Oh, well! Poor Eli! Ouch! I can't imagine how much that hurt or having to watch my child experience that pain. What a tough kid!
You have such a cute family! I am a little bit glad that you are so far behind....It helps me feel a little bit better about how far behind I am!!!
Poor Eli!! Did he get his cast on? He is SO tough!!!
Hey call me if u have free time to do dinner or something if u are down this way!! Love u girl...
Oh Eli! What a bummer! With school starting I bet he gets pretty good at writing with his left hand :) Loved the update.
Post a Comment