One afternoon a couple of months ago, Oliver was taking a nap... Gabe was working on some puzzles and I was talking on the phone...
As I was talking I walked outside to take out the garbage- I lingered out on the back patio- the sunshine felt so nice... not sure how long I was outside, couldn't have been more than 5 minutes, maybe 7...
It was long enough for Gabe to get an idea, make and plan and A MESS... I walked in the house took one look at the scene and before I even had time to get mad... I glanced at my Gabe, there he sat grinning from ear to ear, proud as can be... as he excitedly told me that he was making marshmallow cookies for US to eat. He said in a shrill little voice "I learned to make them mom -and I just did it!...
I know how to make like you!"
I couldn't crush his moment and honestly the minute I saw his bright eyes and puffed up chest as he showed off his creation the mad was no where to be found! I just said "Wow.... how did you make them?" Turns out he found an open brownie mix in the pantry dumped it into a bowl added some water from his cup and sprinkled in some marshmallows, also found in the pantry. He kept stirring it and tasting it... telling me it was delicious... I decided to take his word for it
and that is when the mischief REALLY started with Gabe... late summer! Since then, there have been markers on the wall, game cards scattered throughout the house, things broken, scissors used, whole rolls of toilet paper unrolled etc... terrible two's? no way!! THREE is when the terrible happens for my boys... and Gabe has this adorable way of being terrible!
25% Off. Don’t Pay Full Price.
1 week ago





5 comments:
oh my what a mess! But that face...I can see why you just couldn't be mad at him. What a cutie pie!
What a great mom! He is so cute. How could you be mad. Those terrible threes don't last too long. Before you know it he will be on a mission and no to other things. And, maybe having a three-year old of his own. You'll be able to share all the memories!!
oh the fun i have to look forward too... ?
Yummy! And by that I mean the BOY, not the "marshmallow cookies". With a face like that, he could get away with just about anything. Love that little Gabriel - give him a kiss for me!
Who could ever be mad at the cute face... Your in for a lot of trouble.
Post a Comment