so here I am -back for a minute because I did it. I clicked on the "my pictures" file.
....and then I saw these pictures of my naked babies from last summer and I decided - I am writing a post! I love these pictures but mostly I love remembering how my heart would warm all summer... everyday as I would see these two little tow heads bobbing along as they rode side by side over bumps and hills round and around our house... over and over and over again.
We pulled out this jeep, which used to belong to Evan and Eli when they were small and we cleaned it up, bought a new battery and gave it to Gabe for his birthday... oh by the way, Gabe turned THREE back in May, he had a really awesome cake and presents and he did and said the most adorable things... he still does really... but oh that's right, I NEVER wrote about his birthday or told how he and Oliver had a combined party...boo hoo!!...that's right I NEVER write about his adorable self or any of these boys of mine.... boo hoo!! See? it breaks my heart... but lets get back to the jeep for now... Gabe was always the driver with Oliver his trusty side kick, buckled in, right next to him. They drove this jeep, I am not kidding- EVERY day! Oliver was usually the instigator- pointing and grunting each time he would see the jeep ("jeep" might have been his first word?... too bad I can't remember for sure... just kidding...) Gabe, wanting to prove his status as BIG brother, was happy to oblige and off they would ride... into the sun set or at least until sun set most days! These babies of mine got so good at this jeep that there were a few days when I was not the most stellar mother and I would find them with the jeep pulled out of the garage and Oliver sitting up tall in the seat- all buckled! Gabe would heave him up into the seat and strap him in and then climb around to his side... best buddies -and cutest thing ever! And you have never seen a better driver. I am sure Gabe could pass drivers ed. quick reflexes, defensive driving, he followed all the rules, no one was run over... he was good! oh and p.s. -Gabe went through this "naked phase" where I would find him in the buff or with just his undies on randomly throughout the day? Driving naked doesn't seem that great to me- but he sure wanted to do it all the time there for awhile...
I wish I had video because really, the head bobbing was the cutest!
...this pose from Gabe... might actually be the cutest...
Well that's the end and it does feel nice to check one off the list even though it's from a long time ago. To look back is always nice too... I miss those warm summer days and will continue to write randomly about them I am sure... For now we are loving the cold winter (with snow today!) I love the mysterious fog, the crystallized trees, snow, the need to cuddle under a blanket and wear slippers inside and furry, boots scarves and mittens outside! skiing, sledding and snow ball fights are some of our favorite things and someday maybe I will tell about the things we are doing to enjoy that NOW...
farewell until then...





4 comments:
Is it bad that I LOVE that you are still posting summer pictures??? Because I am that far behind too and it makes me feel better to know that I am not the only one! I'm looking forward to more posts. Your boys are SO cute!!! Maybe Ry and Gabe could take that Jeep on their first date...hehe!
So fun to see your new post. It is wonderful and so good to see the cute pictures!!! Those boys are darling! Thanks for sharing.
oh, that made my day! Sam got the giggles and kept saying, "they are naked!" Love it!! We need to get together soon!
OH. MY. GOSH!!!!!
SOOOOOOO STINKIN CUTE!!!
driving naked!! i love love love that you captured this fun time!
love you...
Post a Comment