#1 my sisters always come in February
#2 the holiday in February is all about LOVE (I really like LOVE)
#3 we usually get our taxes done quickly and get our tax return in February (nice)
see... I HEART February.
Here are the some highlights...
All winter long in Cache Valley mom's just sort of hibernate. (or maybe it's just me?) We make it through the Christmas bustle and the January blues and then February hits and we just need some LOVE So I decided to host a little LOVE party! I invited a few girls to come over for a Valentine's Day luncheon. I asked them all to bring one of their favorite things and we did a little gift exchange and learned more about each other too! We ate taco salad and fruit. The kids ate chicken nuggets and then played- it was a fun afternoon and I think we all felt the LOVE!
a little valentine on the rocks.... from me!
the place setting... my favorite sour melt in your mouth candies.
The set up... a table for the ladies and a table for the kiddies....
The dessert bar...
the favor boxes... one last Valentine for the road!
The Boys Valentine's Day Class parties...
Gabe's first Valentine's for his preschool class.
We made these for all the boys but somehow I only took pictures of Gabe's final product. Evan and Eli's looked just the same and they all loved the picture of themselves and how they turned out! Homemade and they weren't even that much work!
Here's Eli home from school with the loot...
and then Evan... He had a Valentine etiquette party that included all of the 5th grade students. Earlier in the week they had some kids from the local high school come and role play ways to treat the opposite gender. they talked about manners etc... and then for the Valentine party the kids were suppose to wear their best dress clothes and use good manners. Evan escorted 2 girls to the party and then had to talk to them as they politely ate some refreshments. I asked Evan how it went and he said it wasn't too bad. I asked him what he talked with the girls about and he said they just pretended to talk when the teachers were looking at them. hmmm?
I am usually aware of most of my boys tricks but I sort of forgot about the Valentine treats and didn't set up a plan for consumption. A few days later I went down to gather laundry from Evan and Eli's room and noticed that these envelopes of candy were stuffed into their pillowcases... Come to find out they had been laying in bed every night secretly eating candy after lights were out and teeth were brushed! I was kind of mad.
Starting the beginning of February we set out our "love buckets." the boys really love this tradition of ours! We have a "love station" that is set up with supplies- markers, stickers, paper, treats and some other craft stuff and then as a family we ask everyone to write a note to each person in our family every day leading up to Valentine's day and fill up the love buckets. They boys love getting little treats and notes and were constantly checking their buckets. I love seeing what they write to each other and I love the opportunity we all get just to say nice things about each other. I promise every time we do this- there is less fighting and more loving- its the best! See how great February is?
the buckets start to overflow and so we spread the love by hanging our notes up to remind each other just how much we love we have in our family!
These were some of my favorite love notes this year...
I tried to get a cute picture of my little romeo's... but it was the end of the day and they did not cooperate very well... so this is as good at it gets, oh well! Romeo's? More like stinkers and rag a muffins -but I sure love these boys of mine...
Still to come... Evan's spelling bee, Valentine date night, Jr. Jazz basketball, milestones and ALL the happenings while my sisters were here... yikes!





7 comments:
This post is so stinking cute! Those love notes are to die for. Mother of the year award for sure. Such sweet boys...even if they are sneaking some candy, right?
ps. what is a good day for you to do play group? Also, I lost your number when I switched to my new phone. Would you mind emailing it to me? ktjyoung@gmail.com
Em - YOu are the cutest ever! Everything you do is so darn cute and thoughtful! I love it and I totally am going to copy your love buckets when my kids are a bit older. I think it is such a great idea! Thanks again for the LOVE party - i think we all needed it! I can't wait for women's conference!!!
love those Romeo's! So cute! Jake and Maddie totally did that too with their valentine candy - in bed! What is up with that??? so cute and you are too creative! hopefully we will see you guys next weekend??
What cute Romeo's you have. There are just special -- just like you!! Love to hear about the special things you do. My goodness, how do you do it all!! You are awesome!!!
Ur so cute Miss Em!!! You never cease to amaze me... Ur kiddos r so lucky to have u!!! Love u girl!!!
So cute I LOVE it!! You always go all out for all that you do I love checking back every now and then to see what you have been up to!! I hope that all is well with your family.
Post a Comment