Friday, March 11, 2011

Random Days


We are loving this warm spring weather.  the snow is starting to melt but there is still enough on the ground so that when the sun shines and reflects on the snow it makes for an even brighter day!  YESTERDAY Gabe and Ollie decided that they needed their sunglasses on while they ventured out onto the back patio again and again trying to decide if it were really as warm as it looked! (I don't want to complain...it is warm but not THAT warm yet!)

It was so beautiful outside and we decided that we just had to get out of the house.  We picked up Glen for a quick lunch break and after we walked over to the nearby bakery to get a special "after school snack"  for Evan and Eli...


After school the weather started to cool down a little more but was still nice enough for these boys of mine who are suffering from spring fever!




Once Glen got home from work we had dinner and then decided last minute to go swimming... Spring fever for sure!  It was indoor of course but the smell of chlorine goes hand and hand with summer and the pool water was so warm... it was perfect!  The oldest boys and Glen also got in a little racquetball while the babies got showered and jammies on with me....then we headed home and thought that everyone would crash and that we would all get a good nights sleep after all that play... Well that was not the case- Gabe was over tired and whining on the way home- As Glen carried him up to bed he thought he felt warm- sure enough- A fever!  Now what?... we have had just about EVERY sickness in the past 2 months- seriously! We gave him some motrin and tucked him into bed hoping he'd be ok. Then later, just as Glen and I were heading off to bed- here came Eli in tears with an ear ache!  We figured he had water in his ear from swimming... but nothing we did seemed to relieve the pain. He is tough so when he cries we know it must really be bad!   He was in SO much pain all night- he went from our bed to a bed on the floor off and on and just could not get comfortable- he moaned and cried most of the night.  And then Gabe joined in half way through the night and between the two of them none of us got any sleep!  By morning Eli could not open his mouth and he was so dizzy- was walking around with his head tipped side ways!  I called the Dr. fist thing and we took them in and learned Gabe has a double ear infection and both ears are "as bad as they get."  And the doctor said it looked like Eli's eardrum would burst any minute and he just had so much pressure in his little ear.  Poor poor boys!  Having sick kids is so sad!  How random that they both had ear infections too!  They are on antibiotics today as well as ear drops and pain meds and I prescribed sprite, soup and a movie day... Evan came home from school and found us all asleep on the couch!

So that was our random yesterday (Thursday) and today (Friday) just in case you were wondering! :)  I am working on lots of other updates... they just seem to be so much more time consuming- this one was easy so fresh on my mind...and random I like that!  I don't like trying to remember and the pressure I put on myself to stay in order etc... - but I am working on it and maybe I will even post a few over the weekend!  Now I am off to catch up on some much needed sleep!

1 comment:

Shirlene said...

So sorry your guys were having sickness. That is no fun at all. I hope the medicine will get them feeling better. Love you guys!!