I was replying to an email that I recieved from a friend and thought I'd paste it onto my blog and count it as a post too! So here's a little bit about me and Chritmas...
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love to wrap with Christmas paper-and do fancy matching bows, gift bags are for birthdays!
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. We bought one the first year we were married at Shopko- it's barely 5 feet and pretty sparse- $15.00!! Every year I say we are going to "invest" in a beautiful tree and every year I have others things that must come first- It will make a great porch decoration one day- Maybe next year!
3. When do you put up the tree? the week before Thanksgiving- we usually travel for Thanksgiving and when we come home- it's fun to be ready for Christmas!
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually the middle of January- I love the lights- they feel so magical and warm when it's cold outside
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. We bought one the first year we were married at Shopko- it's barely 5 feet and pretty sparse- $15.00!! Every year I say we are going to "invest" in a beautiful tree and every year I have others things that must come first- It will make a great porch decoration one day- Maybe next year!
3. When do you put up the tree? the week before Thanksgiving- we usually travel for Thanksgiving and when we come home- it's fun to be ready for Christmas!
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually the middle of January- I love the lights- they feel so magical and warm when it's cold outside
5. Do you like eggnog? I love eggnog- Egg nog creamies are the BEST, Meadow gold light is my faovrite to drink. It's yummy mixed with a littel sprite!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? a real working cash register that even printed reciepts!!! and a set of press on nails. I recieved them together- I loved watching the ladies with long nails typing on the cash registers at the stores- That is what I wanted to be when I grew up! I was a little disappointed when the press on fingernails snapped off each time I hit a key - but it was still fun to pretend!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? I have a few that are missing lots of pieces-my kids love to play with them so I bought a Fisher Price one that is kid friendly and darling! I have a set picked out...maybe after I get my beautiful tree!
8. Hardest person to buy for? everyone! I am not good at making decisions and I worry too much
6. Favorite gift received as a child? a real working cash register that even printed reciepts!!! and a set of press on nails. I recieved them together- I loved watching the ladies with long nails typing on the cash registers at the stores- That is what I wanted to be when I grew up! I was a little disappointed when the press on fingernails snapped off each time I hit a key - but it was still fun to pretend!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? I have a few that are missing lots of pieces-my kids love to play with them so I bought a Fisher Price one that is kid friendly and darling! I have a set picked out...maybe after I get my beautiful tree!
8. Hardest person to buy for? everyone! I am not good at making decisions and I worry too much
9. Easiest person to buy for? I guess my boys- they usually have a long list!
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I really can't think of one...
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail (but I like the idea of e-mail, hmmmm)
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? hands down- White Christmas... a close second - Miracle on 34th street (the old version)
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail (but I like the idea of e-mail, hmmmm)
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? hands down- White Christmas... a close second - Miracle on 34th street (the old version)
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? the day after Thanksgiving!!! I try to get it all done in one day- It hasn't happened yet...but I got pretty close this year!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? What do you mean?????? (hee hee)
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cheese balls with crackers and salted peanuts in a shell.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? clear on our family tree but my boys have a tree in their room with colored lights
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? clear on our family tree but my boys have a tree in their room with colored lights
17. Favorite Christmas song? I LOVE Christmas music- the old classics- Bing Crosby, Burl Ives...I love Amy Grant and my favorte right now is Celine Dion's Christmas album ...oh and Martina Mcbride's too!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? go home... to Mom and Dad's (their place will always be "home!")
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? YES!! I've had them engrained in my brain since Evan was about 15 months old - we sang them over and over till he could sing them all perfect!! (Ah, the first born!!)
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? nothing- I told you it was scrawney!I don't think the branch could hold anything up!!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? It's our tradition to open new Christmas Jammies on Christmas Eve. Everything else waits until the official day
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? go home... to Mom and Dad's (their place will always be "home!")
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? YES!! I've had them engrained in my brain since Evan was about 15 months old - we sang them over and over till he could sing them all perfect!! (Ah, the first born!!)
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? nothing- I told you it was scrawney!I don't think the branch could hold anything up!!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? It's our tradition to open new Christmas Jammies on Christmas Eve. Everything else waits until the official day
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Forgetting what it really is all about & letting myself get sucked into the craziness!
23. What I love most about Christmas? I love Christmastime--the actual day is over so fast--but I love everything leading up to Christmas--the decorating, the lights, the snow, the fireplace- the feeling!
24. Do you buy gifts for your pets? after Hammy escaped I couldn't sleep for months and made Glen use towels to barricade the bottoms of my bedroom doors-so Hammy couldn't come crawl on me in the middle of the night!!--we don't do pets-!! I guess if you had pets you'd probably like them enough to buy gifts for them- I can't really imagine it...
25. Have you ever been Christmas caroling? yes I love it! There is nothing like bundling up being with friends, singing Christmas songs and warming up after with Hot chocolate!
23. What I love most about Christmas? I love Christmastime--the actual day is over so fast--but I love everything leading up to Christmas--the decorating, the lights, the snow, the fireplace- the feeling!
24. Do you buy gifts for your pets? after Hammy escaped I couldn't sleep for months and made Glen use towels to barricade the bottoms of my bedroom doors-so Hammy couldn't come crawl on me in the middle of the night!!--we don't do pets-!! I guess if you had pets you'd probably like them enough to buy gifts for them- I can't really imagine it...
25. Have you ever been Christmas caroling? yes I love it! There is nothing like bundling up being with friends, singing Christmas songs and warming up after with Hot chocolate!
26. Hot chocolate or hot apple cider? there is something weird to me about drinking warm apple juice!?? I like Stephens Hot chocolate- My friend Sunny introduced me to peppermint flavor this year- SO Yummy!
I've never done one of those tag games-so here goes... I am tagging my baby sister Julie, Jennie, Sunny, Tif, Debbie, and Jana Brewer. So if you see your name here copy these questions onto your blog, delete my answers and fill in yours!! or something like that??





5 comments:
thanks for the tag em! i am so excited to do this!
i love christmas and everything surrounding it!
THanks for coming over tonight!! We had a great time. hope to do it again soon. See you tomorrow at the ward par-tay!
Hey Em,
I'll totally do the tag thing if you'll email me your current addresss... I'm doing Christmas cards! Thanks. Tif
tifinifany@yahoo.com
i did it! thanks! that was fun!
You are so cute. I love the Evans family. I remember when we used to have the big Evans party and everyone would bring potluck and just have a fantastic time. I always tell Jeremy about our good times...ahhh the days when...
Post a Comment