This is one of my favorite pictures of President Hinckley... The twinkle in his eye, his contagious smile... he glows pure happiness... He exemplifies what The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints brings to the lives of people worlwide- Joy, peace, hope, and happiness! oh, how I love this man... I will miss Him...Gordon B. Hinckley
"We’ll always remember what he told the press just outside of the White House after he received the Presidential Medal of Freedom about where the Church is going. He said, “I see an unbounded future. This work will spread across the earth. When you look at what’s happened thus far, you just have to realize that as we keep going it will grow exponentially and wherever it goes it will touch for good the lives of people across this whole broad world.”
It was an echo of his sentiments when he first became the prophet. “I do not know why in His grand scheme one such as I would find a place. But having this mantle to come upon me I rededicate whatever I have of strength or time or talent or life to the work of my Master in the service of my brethren and sisters.
“This Church does not belong to its President. Its head is the Lord Jesus Christ, whose name each of us has taken upon ourselves. We are all in this great endeavor together. We are here to assist our Father in His work and His glory, ‘to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man’” (Moses 1:39).
He said, “The time has come for us to stand a little taller, to lift our eyes and stretch our minds to a greater comprehension and understanding of the grand millennial mission of this The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This is the season to be strong. It is time to move forward without hesitation.”
And so we will, with the memory of President Hinckley’s drive, vision and twinkle to warm us. If we had a handkerchief we’d wave it. “God be with you, President Hinckley, ‘til we meet again.”

http://www.meridianmagazine.com/churchupdate/080129bewithyou.html
http://www.meridianmagazine.com/
http://www.meridianmagazine.com/churchupdate/080129cane.html
http://www.ldsmag.com/photoessay/060331Hinckley.html
I had to add this picture! The amazing woman who supported him and always stood at his side! I loved to hear her soft chuckle!- what a pair... We were all blessed to witnessed a love such as their's! President Hinckley's Beloved wife Marjorie... I love her...how could you not love her? Just look at her! What a reunion it must have been...

Testimony of President Gordon B. Hinckley
"It was the resurrected Lord who was introduced by His Father, the great God of the universe. For the first time in recorded history, both the Father and the Son appeared together to part the curtains and open this, the last and final dispensation, the dispensation of the fullness of times.
"The Book of Mormon is all that it purports to be—a work recorded by prophets who lived anciently and whose words have come forth "to the convincing of the Jew and Gentile that Jesus is the Christ, the Eternal God, manifesting himself unto all nations" (Book of Mormon title page).
"The priesthood has been restored under the hands of John the Baptist and Peter, James, and John. All the keys and authority pertaining to eternal life are exercised in this Church.
"Joseph Smith was and is a prophet, the great Prophet of this dispensation. This Church, which carries the name of the Redeemer, is true.
"I leave you my testimony, my witness, and my love for each of you,
President Gordon B. HinckleyApril 1, 2006, Sunday morning session of the 176th Annual World General Conference





7 comments:
Emily, thank-you for your tribute to our Beloved Prophet. It uplifted me and made my day. Your the best. Love ya, Becky Leavitt
Emily - by far the best blogging tribute I've read! I wouldn't expect anything else from you. I am missing you so much already! xoxo
Great job, Emily. We'll all miss him terribly.
Doesn't President Hinckley remind you of Grandpa? Whenever I see him I think of Grandpa Evans. Weren't we so lucky to have such a wonderful Grandpa?
Thanks for the nice comments on my blog, Em! You're more than welcome to keep my blog linked on yours... it is nice to be able to stay in touch with you guys. We think the world of your family!
this is a beautiful tribute to the prophet! what a wonderful man he was. i will miss him so....
I love that picture of Sister Hinckley! She is so cute!
Post a Comment