Just before Christmas we gathered with my mom's family at her house to take part in the annual Christmas Nativity reinactment. There were several costume changes... more out of want than need. My mom's sister and sister in law (my aunts) have acquired and collected some really neat and realistic costumes and nativity props. Each year there seems to be a new piece added, which makes for a few really big boxes filled with dress -up's that even the little boys are interested in. I have to admit, I have always wanted to have one of my babies play the part of the baby Jesus. It's kind of a big deal...right? You know babies...they are so tender and sweet and seeing babies at Christmas time just reminds everyone of the baby born in a manger so many years ago- His life, all a gift to us!! So to represent Him is pretty special... If you ask me! Anyway I was pretty excited that it worked out this year to have Gabe play the part! I undressed him down to his onesie... the closest thing to swaddling clothes that we had... Everyone was in costume and the narration of our nativity in Luke 2 began with breaks as scripted for the audience to sing hymns that go hand in hand with telling the story of that first Christmas night...

Evan... a very sweet shepherd boy

Gabriel in a manger, and not too sure about it....

he quickly decided he'd had enough!!

"Joseph" tried holding him...that worked until his arms got tired
...I know, give him the angel's star to hold that will surely help...
Nope, not even the beloved binki to suck on is going to make this ok!!!
He was definately the star DISTRACTION in the nativity this year, even after ALL THAT his mom and dad sure think he's the sweetest baby Jesus there ever was!!
There is a funny story about the picture below... Someone behind the scene's gave Evan this WOMEN' S purple velvet bathrobe to wear
obediently he put it on but then quickly found me and with a worried look on his face whispered in my ear "I think this is a girl's dress" I glance over it and sure enough there were flowers on the ribbon trim and it was purple VELVET with puffed sleeves! I told him no one would notice and that it was the perfect thing for a wise MAN. They love purple and especially flowers. He thought about it for a minute while I held my breath and then he
shrugged his shoulders and said "ok"
What a kid!

Wise man or snake charmer?.... my all time favorite hat in the costume box!!

Leave it to Dad to make everything better after all that torture!!
The Cast of cousins!!
2 comments:
I am excited to see all your posts! I love that story about Evan and the costumes - it just fits him - I got a good laugh. He is a cutie!
oh, how cool!
my favorite pic is the one of glen and gabe! how amazing is that!
and fun story about evan! what a good kid!
Post a Comment