Friday, January 15, 2010

a few things...

It seems that when it comes to updating my blog I just keep getting further and further behind... it is true that writing is definitely at the bottom of my priority list... somethings gotta be and it's better the blog than the kids!

I don't know how people write and update everyday and they do it on blogs, facebook, twitter, e-mail.... too crazy for me! blogging everyday was my goal ONCE but it didn't last long. not for lack of things to write about... or pictures to post, you know me better than that! I just don't have time and things get neglected when I sit in front of my computer. But I do love it, sitting and thinking and writing... I miss it.... and so today I have just a minute or two so here's what's on my mind--

*We had a very memorable Christmas. One of the best so far! The last present the boys opened on Christmas morning was tickets to Disneyland. They were so excited and asked when we would be going. We told them that the car was packed and we were going to California right then for the week!! it was such a fun surprise, they were jumping up and down, hugging, yelling, laughing... adorable! I have so many details to share and will get to that eventually...

*Oliver turned 8 months old on the 4th of January. Two days later he started crawling... you know that darling robotic unsteady...first crawling. I love it! We cheered for him but my heart broke a little bit too. This week he crawls in the kitchen, in the hallway, to the front room and to wherever I am. He is fast already and can even pull himself up to things. He loves to pull up to the bottom stair and the toy bins and then he drums on them as he yells, as if to say "look at me!" He has two little teeth and he giggles all the time. His favorite sound to make is a growl... loud, like a bear. I don't know of a baby girl who sounds like a bear- it's totally a boy thing, mine have all done it. He gets so excited when Glen gets home he kicks his legs and squeals. He waves bye-bye and concentrates real hard when we talk to him and show him sign language. He shows us his love by nuzzling his soft little head into us and giving kisses... sometimes he sinks his teeth in a little and he thinks that is pretty funny. He had a doctors appointment just before Christmas and had finally hit 15 pounds! He is still a little picky and does not love baby food. he prefers to feed himself and loves bagels, chicken nuggets, crackers, and shredded apples. He is such a good baby... happy, good sleeper and he even helps around the house by vacuuming... ha ha... he is always feeling with his fingers for something to put into his mouth and he finds the tiniest, craziest things. Between he and Gabe not to mention Evan and Eli...I am worn ragged by the end of the day. such is the life of a mother... you know what though?... I love it


*Evan started piano lessons a couple of weeks ago and he is breezing though the first book. I haven't had to remind him to practice at all, he is still pretty excited about the whole thing. He is suppose to practice for a half hour everyday but he usually gets in an average of at least two hours a day, I am serious! I have to bite my tongue to keep from yelling from the kitchen "if you play 'up on the housetop' one more time.... so help me I am going to scream "
I just have to breath and I am learning to sort of tune it out:) but really-I am so proud of him and excited to see his progress

*Gabe has been going pee pee in the potty for awhile and yesterday he was finally brave enough for Glen and did #2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is a big step for one of our boys. I'm sure he's not totally ready (ok- I am not totally ready- I refuse to battle over it) but potty training is in our very near future. Woo hoo!!

*The week before Christmas I was called to be in our ward primary presidency... I am SO excited about it but am so busy right now learning and planning, thinking and preparing. I thought for sure that because I have two boy scouts of my own that I would oversee scouting which would probably have been good for me to learn more about... but secretly I would have been a little bummed. It's not that I don't like scouting... it's just scouting and that says a lot!:) anyway... I was so happy when the primary president asked me to be over Activity Days, nursery and quarterly activities... much more my thing... I hope! Right now it is all pretty overwhelming with the start of a new year and all but hopefully we will get in a groove soon!

*I have thee best husband in the whole world, He is willing to do ANYTHING to help me to have a better day and to be happy... he is the most hands on dad I have EVER seen. he loves our boys. I left him home last night with the two babies while I drove to SLC... that's another story... anyway, when I returned all SEVEN loads of laundry had been folded and put away, babies were bathed and tucked in bed, house was clean, dishes ALL done... and I didn't even ask him to do it... that's how lucky I am! I really LOVE him.

*I am missing my mom (and dad) Sorry that I put you in parenthesis dad it's just that I REALLY miss mom... it's a girl thing. They have been gone to NY to visit Julie and her new baby for FIVE weeks and five weeks is a really long time. I am so sorry for you if that seems crazy to you because you only see your mom like twice a year... I am so sorry for you- because I just couldn't do that- I am lucky that I don't have to do that- I really like my mom and my dad and my whole family, really. Guess what they come home in two days...I am so excited!!!

*I didn't get a chance to write about Eli's birthday. Back on December 14th he turned EIGHT. I promise I will give him a proper tribute soon. He makes us laugh all the time, he's just a clown. he has no teeth (six missing) and it's hard to understand what he's saying half the time. I have to slice his apples, cut his meat... he pulled out his teeth when they weren't even loose, (seriously) because he was trying to get money. He loves money almost as much as he loves buying candy with his money. He is such a nut! The other day he put on his new basketball shoes before practice. He was so excited about them. Suddenly he started running all around the house, tearing in and out of rooms and then jumping over things. We all just watched him with wondering eyes and then he stopped and said with a grin "what??...I just wanted to see how fast they make me run." Glen and I exchanged wide eyes and smiles... these boys of ours....make life very interesting to say the least.

shoot... I am out of time... babies are crying, dinner is waiting to be made...
I will be back soon... I hope.

6 comments:

Jennie said...

i love this post... random and filled with love for your life!

thanks for sharing!

Shirlene said...

Fun to hear about the happenings with the Cache Valley Hubers. You guys are great!! We have several in the family that are in Primary!!! You will be wonderful Emily. Good Job Glen for all the good things you do!! Love to you all!!!

Toni said...

That is the coolest Christmas surprise ever! Good to hear that things are going good. Hopefully we can get together soon!

Katie Jane said...

Seriously. You guys are the coolest parents I know! Disneyland and NOW!! Love it. Love you too.

Colette said...

Fun to catch up on your family! WOW Glen is awesome, so kind of him to do those things on his own! Blogging has gotten difficult for me lately too and I don't have little ones. Just so much else to do!

Glen H said...

It really was only five loads of laundry...