I am not usually superstitious... but lately I have been feeling a little OFF... Maybe it's because my eyes are all screwy and having problems with contacts... blurry, stingy, watery, dry... I totally take my vision for granted and have come to realized it because of all these troubles lately with my eyes. Maybe it's the vision, or that I've had a MILLION things going on the past few weeks, stress, parties, primary, laundry... who knows? vision, crazy life, All I know is that I am completely off my rocker because I totally spaced that fact that today is our Anniversary... our THIRTEENTH year is already off to a bad start.. how un- lucky for us! I hope this is not a sign of what this year has in store for us because we could really use some LUCK in this our THIRTEENTH year!
We are full to the top of LOVE for each other and feel so blessed to be in the circumstance that we are in but sometimes a girl just needs a life plan, needs to know what is coming her way... you know?
This down turn in the economy has been a real struggle for us and although we are LOVING and BLESSED we really need some LUCK this year so cross your fingers (or is that superstitious... will that jinx us?) that we'll have a LUCKY THIRTEENTH!
I woke to a giant bouquet of flowers and the most romantic letter from my un-lucky (I forgot) husband. Just after my heart soared, it sunk into my stomach (I forgot!) How did he remember?... because I think he's had more on his mind than I have. I tell you, superstitious or not... a lucky or unlucky year ahead for us? Who knows? As long as I have him by my side it doesn't matter. Whenever I am down in the dumps and letting life get the best of me my Glen reminds me that money, owning a house, having a plan... none of it really matters... he says "I know it's cheesy Em, but as long as we have each other and our family, that is all that matters and we can make it through ANYTHING together!" He tells me this and I roll my eyes ( like a teenager) and take a deep breath trying to remember my argument and then my heart just warms up and I can't stay frustrated with life because, well he is right. So now it is my turn to say it, and I'll say it again... As long as I have Glen by my side nothing else matters.
So here's to Thirteen years!!??... (I cannot believe it's been that long!) bring on the LUCK but even if this is not the year (13 does have a reputation, you know.)... that's ok... we've got each other and forever.
Happy Anniversary Glen-o you are my one and only.
25% Off. Don’t Pay Full Price.
1 week ago





5 comments:
Congrats on the big "unlucky" thirteen! Hope it is a great year for you guys. I do wish you the best of luck!
You guys are a neat couple!! You truly are blessed and it sounds like you know what is really important. Congratulations on 13!! We love you!
Happy Birthday today Emily!! I hope you have a super happy day. Love you!
Congrats on your anniversary! Alicia and I are in our 13th year as well. You know what they say about your 13th year? Half way to 26. That's what they say.
By the way, happy birthday! I think it was yesterday (the 8th) but I can't remember for sure. Either way, I'm sorry you're so old. You don't look a day over 23. Really.
Hope you had a Happy Anniversary. I hope the year is LUCKY for you. It is so hard to remember everything isn't it, you're busy trying to keep up to those boys. This economy can get you down can't it especially when you like to have a plan. I've had to learn lately that I can't fix everything and that is really hard for people like us to realize and deal with isn't it. I finally checked in on your blog, it has been a while, your boys are as cute as ever and I can't believe your baby is 10 months old, he's so cute especially with that smile and wrinkly nose. Wishing you LUCK!!
Post a Comment