On the day that you were born
I wondered how I could hold FOUR little boys in my heart all at once...
I wondered how life would change for all of us as we welcomed your new sweet life into ours.
I hoped that you would be healthy and perfect
I hoped that I would be able to see the many things you were sent here to become
On The day that you were born I already loved you
I loved you even more when I felt your skin on mine, your tiny breath on my neck...
I loved your brothers more deeply as they counted your toes and whispered in your ear telling you all the things that they were going to teach you
I loved your daddy with thoughts that I cannot put into words, he is my everything.
Babies are magical that way... they bring those deep feelings from the bottom of your heart up to the surface They are a reminder of everything good and tender and with them, they bring a piece of heaven
On the day that you were born I was part of a little miracle...YOU
On the day that you were born my life changed forever, already a mother... but now YOUR mother
One year ago today... on the day that you were born
I couldn't imagine the happiness, the intensity of love and pure joy that is now ours, because we have YOU.
Happy Birthday to my ONE year old boy...
For Oliver's birthday we sang Happy Birthday to him every chance we got. He grinned every time! I couldn't keep from kissing my birthday boy practically every minute of the day, if only those kisses could slow time. We also celebrated by going to soccer games all night and eating dinner on the run. It was sort of a crazy day and I felt guilty because I had nothing special planned until next week. Just before bed time we frosted a cupcake (made earlier in the day for Evan's class party at school) we added some sprinkles and lit the candle as we sang for the last time "Happy birthday to you" Oliver is no stranger to goodies and the fire only kept him mesmerized for a few seconds. He was grunting and reaching and couldn't wait to get his hands on the cake. We cheered for him as he ate all of the frosting and them crumbled the cake into a million pieces.

A pretty perfect ending to a birthday in his opinion, I'm sure
Next week we will have a real celebration...a birthday bash for both of my littles who were born just a week apart this month...
... Happy birthday sweet Oliver!








3 comments:
Can't even believe that he is one! He is so adorable!
he is so dang cute!! what a fun tribute to him...
happy birthday little guy!
I can't believe he is one, Emily. When you told me that at Irene's last night it made me a little sad....they really grow up way too fast. I know everyone says that, but it's so hard as a mother to see your children get older. Soccer season is crazy isn't it? It's so busy, but so fun at the same time. Looks like you made time for the most important part...the cake! He is SO cute, as are all your boys.
Post a Comment