Sunday, September 5, 2010

Elijah's Birthday

So.... I found this post half written and decided that I needed to finish it!  I am so sad about this whole SO behind with my blog stuff.  I am going to try so hard to get caught up. When I found this post of eli's birthday WAy back in December... that's NINE months ago!  I realized that I also never posted about our Christmas trip to California, Disneyland, riding bikes along the boardwalk, the beach, the Rose parade... I have to add that so be watching for a Chrismtas post from... seriously, nine months ago! ... And then I will get on with the rest of the cathing up.  I am setting a deadline and I am going to get this blogback to life- I am pretty certain that I have it in me to do it... now if I can just find the time.... As for the old post, here it is....
Eli turned  8 in December.  He woke up to house full of streamers and balloons and we had donuts and juice for breakfast .  Eli went to school and took candy canes to share with his classmates. 


That evening Eli requested sticky fingers from wingers for dinner.  They are little bits of heaven, spicy and sweet and oh so sticky.   My friend Sunny introduced sticky fingers to me when we lived in Lehi and it was love at first taste... I ate a few too many of them when I was pregnant with Oliver... I wanted them everyday... maybe that's why Oliver is so spicy.  Anyway I reluctantly shared a few of my sticky fingers with Eli and he has been hooked ever since.  He is not posing for this picture, seriously... he loves them that much!



This one however, is a pose... what a funny boy!
Eli opened presents that evening and was so excited about getting his very own snow cone machine!  Thanks to my mom and Dad for the perfect present!!




On the weekend Eli had a "cousins" birthday party.  We had his cousins over for a few games, cake and ice cream and then we took everyone ice skating.  

 Eli wanted an X games cake.  I was going to order a fancy one but everywhere I checked was WAY over my budget so Glen said he'd decorate the cake. He usually does the cakes around here anyway.   It was just sort of last minute and I had no idea how he was going to pull of X games?  As you can see... the cake is not very prefessional looking but you should have seen Eli's reaction when he saw his cake.  He couldn't stop smiling and gazing and I'm sure imaging all the tricks those guys could do "if only they could come alive"  he said!  He LOVED the cake!  Thanks again Glen for coming through and making a perfect cake!







 When I had Eli I had people give me lots of sympathy for having a "December baby"  everyone told me "birthday's are so hard in December".  I of course had no idea what they were talking about and thought they were all crazy... 'His birthday is 11 days before Christmas how hard can it be?'  I wondered.  Well I will tell you that I have learned my lesson- having a December birthday baby IS hard.  it's just such a busy time of year, money is sparse... thinking of presents for Christmas VS presents for birthday is kind of complicated... So sometimes I feel like poor Eli gets the shaft on his birthdays... of course, he doesn't know that - so far it hasn't even phased him... I know it's just ME-- and I guess that is what all those people were trying to tell me.  I have no idea why I just wrote all that... Gheesh!  Anyway he did have a really special birthday - 8 is a pretty big deal!  It breaks my heart to see him so big!  He is excited to get baptized a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in a few months!  I love my little 8 year old Elijah Paul more than words can say!  He is so special to us and I am so lucky to be his mom!


2 comments:

Shirlene said...

So great to see your new post -- maybe not new, but new to all of us. You do such a great job and I look forward to seeing the future posts as your get caught up. Love you guys!!

Jennie said...

it is so fun to read your blogs! you are great!