Already this catch up and re-cap of 2011 is driving me crazy because I have so much to share and so many pictures and I am having a hard time skipping any of it so for my sanity I am just going to skip around... it is more fun that way and hopefully doing that will allow me to feel less structured with it and just share a few things here and there! October was a very full month... lots of special things... a trip to California for me, announcing our baby on the way not only to our boys but to everyone else, finding out the gender of our baby, ward Primary Program, Pumpkin carving party, helping with a scene for the pumpkin Walk, Halloween, fall soccer for Evan and Eli... see? fun stuff that I can't leave out! I don't have a lot of time today so I will start with the two events in October that have the least pictures! O,heaven help me in getting caught up!- My goal is to be up to date before I get this baby here- six and a half weeks people... yikes!
California
I had only told my mom and Julie that I was pregnant... I asked my mom to take a candy gram with her as a fun way to tell Sara and her family the big news while they were all together. I was feeling pretty frustrated with life and down in the dumps and of course my sisters and mom knew my worries and wanted to do something to make things brighter! Once my mom arrived in California and they were all together- they called and talked to Glen and then Sara made arrangements to fly me out to California over the first weekend in October! Glen called and told me he made arrangements to work from home and take care of the boys so that I could go! He said I would leave on Wednesday night and come home Monday!! I couldn't believe it! I was so surprised and so excited to be with my sisters but I did have a heard time leaving my little boys behind- they knew their cousins would be there together and I know they could have made it harder by complaining or whining about wanting to go but Glen talked to them before he told me about the surprise and they all were in on the surprise and Evan and Eli just kept telling me not to worry, to go and have fun, to relax and enjoy it etc... They were the best about letting me go! I was about 17 weeks along in my pregnancy and we decided that before I left we would do something fun to let our boys know that we would be getting a new baby. It was just a few weeks until we could tell them whether it would be a sister or a brother and we figured it was about time we started sharing the news! I will tell all about how we told everyone and their reactions in a later post! The trip was heaven and just what I needed- a get away and time spent refueling with my sisters, my parents, and my cute nieces and nephews- It was so fun!
When I got to Sara's house they had saved me some of my favorite dinner- breakfast casserole! It was so nice to just be together laughing and talking! After eating we went out to the guest house where I ate some more... and we talked some more and I secretly retrieved the candy gram from my mom's suitcase that I had sent with her to give Sara to let Sara and her family know our big news about expecting a baby. My mom had kept it hidden knowing that I would be arriving and
could break the news in person!
Below is a picture of me and Julie... I am holding the candy container with a note attached using all types of candy to tell the little story of our news!
Sara was totally surprised and so happy for us!
Sara's kids were out of school for the last few days of the week so they had planned a mini vacation and we all went along too!...The day after I arrived we headed to a resort where we stayed for the weekend. Sara and her family were in a room and me and Julie and mom and Dad were in a room right next door, we walked and swam in the pool, painted toe nails, ate yummy food, watched movies and shopped a bit too!
The last day we were there Sara and Julie took their kids and went to Lego Land. My mom and dad and I took Frances- Julie's baby, with us and before heading back to L.A. we stopped at Balboa Island and walked around the little beach houses, along the pier and through the shops. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time having little Frannie all to ourselves!
Hanging out with Frances all day gave me a greater appreciation for my little sister Julie... Holy smokes this spicey girl is a handful- I have never had a baby quite like her... is it a girl thing? She is so determined and stubborn and spunky and tricky- she gets this little sparkle in her eye and a half smile on her lips and next comes trouble... all. day. long. but she is adorable and sweet at the same time and oh so funny! I l had tons of fun just being auntie and giving her whatever she wanted and she in turn wanted me! I loved being her mama for the day and I wish I got to see her and both of my sisters other kids everyday!
I realized that I am missing some of my favorite pictures from the trip... I forgot my camera so my dad was the photographer and it looks like I didn't upload all the the pictures from him... so I will have to add them later I guess! I do have my own photo book of this trip that they all made for me for Christmas this year! I have the best family! Thanks again Sara for flying me out and being such a perfect hostess! Thanks to mom and dad and Julie for all the memories made and to my amazing Glen for being a great daddy and always putting me first!
Primary Program
I have loved serving in our ward's Primary Presidency for the past two years... teaching and loving and getting to know the children in the church is the best place to be... my favorite calling so far! Another reason I love Primary is because it is where my boys are right now and I get to be a part of what they are learning and I get to see them interact and learn with their friends and teachers! It's the best! The worldwide Primary theme in 2011 was "I know the scriptures are True" We had our Primary Program In October. The children have the chance to share what they have learned throughout the year with the entire ward! They each get to testify through speaking parts and/or song about the things we did and learned all year. Our Primary is huge... about 160 kids (not including nursery) So planning the Primary Program was a bit of a challenge- but it turned out perfect because really, anytime the primary children are teaching and singing- nothing can go wrong!
This year Gabe was a Sunbeam so this was his first Primary Program! As a 3 year old, speaking and singing in front of a lot of people can be overwhelming, especially with a shy little personality like Gabe has. I was proud of him as he stepped up on the stool and said his part perfectly into the microphone "My name is Gabe and I am a child of God" It was so powerful and adorable to hear all of his classmates say this same line testifying of who they really are!
He looked so handsome in his little suit!
Elijah, also as handsome as ever...did a great job in the primary program. I always encourage (make!) my boys memorize their parts- Eli had a part where he shared his favorite story from the Book of Mormon and gave an example of a lesson he learned from that story- He chose Ammon and spoke about having courage! He also recited a scripture with his primary class. He spoke loud and clear and did great! Here are a few pictures of my handsome little boys that Sunday after church
here's Oliver with his hair all ruffled up after playing in nursery and he REFUSED to wear his tie... He bawled in every picture but this one... and even after all that he is still a little romeo
and melts my heart-
still to come... announcing baby, it's a boy, pumpkin walk, Halloween Party, pumpkin carving, trick or treating, soccer... and that is just October!... (sigh)
p.s. does anyone know how to do those cute photo collages on blogger? are they a new setting or do you have to upload your pictures in flicker or picassa first? HELP! I'd like to do a few of them...please explain!?





2 comments:
It was so good to see you guys together!! Most of my sisters are going to TX to see Mandy in March and your pictures with your sisters made me so excited! Love you.
Seriously....maybe I should think about wearing some make-up? Did you really have to post them? (I do still want the pictures from our trip though) Just bought my tickets for February - can't wait to see you and your cute baby bump in a few weeks! sure love you!
Post a Comment