We started noticing Evan sitting up real close to the TV while watching it. At first I just thought he was trying to get in on the action or something... and then one day I asked him what time it was and he had to walk real close to the stove to read the numbers on the clock so that he could tell me the time! I was a little alarmed, he'd just passed his "eye exam" at school so I started quizzing him a little on what he could see... how many fingers am I holding up, what does that sign say etc... and we realized that he couldn't see very good! to make a long story short Evan now wears glasses!! He was a little apprehensive at first, but as soon as he put them on he was amazed at the detail that he could see! I told him about my experience with my first pair of glasses, when I walked out of the optical store wearing them... I was so surprised and had no idea that you should be able to see individual leaves on a tree, I always thought they were just a big green blob... it was amazing to me!! He was so cute and all day kept reading things from far away and was removing his glasses then putting them back on asking "do I look better with them on, or off?" we told him of course that he was the most handsome kid with glasses we'd ever seen and just as cute without them. by the end of the day he decided that he looked "sooooo good in glasses."
The next day he wore them to school and although excited about being able to see he came home from school a little discouraged because everyone in his class was calling him "glasses boy." I tried not to laugh at the lack of creativity and brain power the kid had who came up with this nickname ..."glasses boy"??? come on... I called a few names in my day and they were all better than that!! ... I quickly switched back to mom mode and gave Evan a sqeeze and reassuringly told him that those kids weren't making fun of him..just pointing out the obvious...he is a boy who wears glasses and if he paid no attention to the silly nickname it would be gone in a few days and it worked...sure enough he went back to being good old Evan to his classmates... and isn't he just the cutest!... We sure love our glasses boy!!





4 comments:
Love that cute "glasses boy"! I'm surprised his classmates didn't even think of the original "four eyes" - He looks so grown up I love his new look!
Those glasses really are cute on him! It seems to fit his personality--he's so charming and polite.
oh my goodness! he is so cute!
Glasses are the coolest. Only the most brilliant, handsome, charming guys get to where them, which is why I have a pair. :) Tell Evan he looks super-cool.
Post a Comment