
Eli has really taken an interest in karate this year. He has several friends who are in Karate classes but I don't know how he knows what it is... maybe it's another one of those brain chips or genes that gets implanted in boys at birth who knows? It seems like he's been doing Karate chops and kicks since he could walk!! Anyway he's been asking to take Karate lessons for some time now so Glen checked into the Bobby Lawrence school of Karate and was pretty impressed. He decided to sign Eli and Evan up for an introductory course since we were moving soon and then we could see if they were both intersted or if it was just one of those things... It was such a great deal, they both got Karate wear out of it, earned their white belts and were able to break a board with their hand after the two lessons!! Evan was pretty worried that they'd have to really fight someone and Eli was really hoping that they'd get to fight someone!! They both had a great time, although I think Eli might be the only one who wants to pursue it more! They were taught about respect, listening and control... all the things a good Karate chopper has to have I guess?? Sounds like some of the things that all of our sons are suppost to have too... Karate and Mom's rules go hand in hand!!! This could be good!!


2 comments:
I love it!! I can just see them...... handsome little karate masters. It seems like the perfect thing for Eli - he really has always been all Kung Fu, with his karate chops and high kicks! Are they going to keep it up?
how fun for them! and i love the rules and guidelines of karate!
Post a Comment