My least favorite job is doing the laundry... sorting, loading, unloading, folding, hanging, pairing... JUST to do it ALL OVER AGAIN... and AGAIN... and AGAIN! All housework is a never ending feat, I know... but laundry is just the worst! I used to have a few "wash days" a week that I dreaded. Now it seems that I am doing laundry EVERY day! With four DIRTY little boys...and the littlest seems to be the worst, it is relentless! Evan and Eli's socks have to go straight into a sealed container... they are toxic!
I remember this family in our neighborhood while I was growing up who had five boys!! They drove one of those dreaded "super vans" you know the kind with the curtains, a million plush seats and multi colored pinstripes and waves on the paint job.... ya well, inside the van it was SO stinky... we all thought the poor mom must have felt like she was driving around a big sneaker! I don't want to gross people out with "stinky boys"... I think my boys are too cute for that... but oh man, their feet stink... So, laundry I must do!
I dread laundry... but Gabe and Eli sure like piles of it!
Gabe's favorite thing to do is grab my perfectly folded piles of clothes and throw them...
he is a huge help around here.... ha ha
check out Gabe's "outfit??"It was one of "those days" ...guess I didn't get to the laundry soon enough for him to have some real clothes to wear. Although I know the laundry needs to be done everyday... I can't seem to get on top of it...
I'm starting to think that maybe I never will?....
Gabe's favorite thing to do is grab my perfectly folded piles of clothes and throw them...
he is a huge help around here.... ha ha
I'm starting to think that maybe I never will?....





3 comments:
I understand completely. I feel like I've been super successful if I get it washed and dried--never mind folding it. Then it just sits in the laundry basket for a few days. My 3-year old now looks for a laundry basket for clean underwear before she checks her drawer. It's so sad!
Boy, it is a never ending battle!! But, it does get better someday, but then all the little boys will be grownup. So, keep hanging in there and enjoy!
Girl! Laundry is the WORST! I complain about it every day. It is kind of joke with me and some friends, everytime they call, I am doing laundry! If I could hire only one thing out, it would be the laundry, FOR SURE! Ava comes to me with a "panty alert" when she has used her last pair, then I know I better step it up! I feel your pain!
xoxo
Post a Comment