I am not talking about the postpartum depression kind of blues...
No! I am talking about HIS baby blues
I am the only child in my family who has brown eyes... I got them from my mom! Growing up I always felt pretty special that I was the only one who had brown eyes... My grandpa Murray had a lot of nicknames for me but I especially liked it when he lovingly called me "brown eyes" My grandma Murray used to hold my face in her hands and say let me look at those "chocolate eyes!" I used to love the attention that having brown eyes brought! Because of that I have always been partial to brown eyes...that is until I met my one and only!
I could lie and tell you that I fell for the wonderful fun loving perfect guy that he is but that is not true- it was too young to care about any of that important stuff!! First I fell for his blond hair (yes, he had lots of it and it curled up on the ends... irresistable!!) his tan skin, his big muscles and those BLUE eyes... they were the kicker! bright blue and always twinkling- Glen's eyes are the color of a twin pop Popsicle blue raspberry flavor. Gorgeous! They are Huber eyes-He got them from his mom- his whole family- all 7 of his siblings have gorgeous various shades of blue eyes! I never would have thought I'd fall in love with blue- but I did! I was so excited when our first born inherited a darker version of his Daddy's blue eyes... the next 2 babies got beautiful green eyes and then I got a brown eyed boy... Oliver. I love all of my boys eyes but it's been awhile since we've had a blue eyed boy and I am so in love with Simon's baby blues!
We get lots of comments from people on his "pretty eyes"... they are so big and round and such a beautiful color! his eyelashes are super long and thick and they curl up perfectly- they are a bit hard to see in these pictures because they are so blond, but believe me, they are killer! The thing I love the most about these eyes are that they are so expressive and easy to read, they follow me all day long and like his daddy's they twinkle!






1 comment:
What beautiful blue eyes!! People used to stop us on the street and comment about Glen's eyes. They are gorgeous. It is fun for you to have such a variety with your boys!!!
Post a Comment