September 16th 2011 our Evan turned twelve! This is a big milestone birthday in our church because when boys turn twelve they are eligible to receive the priesthood if they are worthy. With that privilege comes much responsibility and we are so proud of Evan for his preparation and dedication and for all that we see him becoming... he is a very special young man and he has so much in store for him- he will do great things!
Evan graduated from Primary and it was such a bitter sweet day for me- I am so grateful for the time that I was able to serve as a counselor in the primary presidency while Evan was in primary- I loved teaching and catching his eye while I was up front! The bishop (Dave Gatherum) came and recognized Evan in front of the entire primary the Sunday after Evan's birthday. Evan had completed all of the requirements in his faith in God booklet. The bishop talked about how worn the book was and he told the children that they could all look to Evan and follow his example and by doing what he does they would be on the right path! Evan was beaming! After he was recognized in primary all of the young men from the class that he would be joining came into primary and walked with him to his newest adventure- Young Men's! I'm not gonna lie, I had a big lump in my throat and might have shed a tear a two as every mother emotion ran through me... I cannot believe that he is already twelve! I am so proud of him!
We invited all of our family to Evan's ordination where he received the Priesthood and then we had a special dinner in our backyard to celebrate to occasion.
Evan also chose the menu and decided on french dip sandwiches
Evan changed into his new patriots jersey that aunt Sara sent for his birthday, the kids all played in the backyard and we visited and had a wonderful evening.
I am so grateful for Evan. I tell him all the time that his life is not a coincidence but that there is a reason that he was placed in our family, the oldest of five boys! I don't know what I'd do without him! I don't like that he's growing up... and at the same time I love it!- I love who he is becoming I love watching him learn and grow and develop interests and gain confidences. He is fun to hang out with, he likes to tease me and I love his grin! I love that he still hugs me... I tell him he better never think he is too big or too cool to hug his mom! He is almost as tall as me and he is as handsome as can be! He is polite and obedient and always helping others. He is a good friend and mindful of others. Evan is a pretty amazing kid! I don't know how I got lucky enough to be his mom- he is a very special boy... I love everything about this 12 year old!





1 comment:
That was a special time. We love seeing our grandchildren during those moments as they are growing up and becoming such great people. Evan is certainly an extra special young man!! We are proud of him.
Post a Comment