Our life has been pretty rocky for the past two years and because of that I am always thinking and hoping and trying to figure out where we go from here... I try to imagine our future and I am not sure I can ever imagine a future without anymore babies! Most people I know seem to know when they are done having kids... Glen and I always hoped for a "big family" but we never decided on a specific number of children we wanted. Maybe if we would have done that it would be easier. You know, the goal is four so that's the end... I don't know... I guess it different for everyone and there are so many different circumstances that mold each family.... I am starting to think that no matter how many kids we have, I will always miss and long for these days of babies.
I want to bottle up Simon's little laugh so I can save it forever. I want laundry loads full of burp clothes and swaddle blankets... (and I despise laundry!) I don't want to be done with this baby stuff. These are my thoughts today... in a few months I might feel different! I know I probably sound like a crazy lady talking of more babies when I just had one- but I am in baby love right now- you see how cute he is! I don't have a lot of control over my life at the moment and with things so uncertain it does make me feel a bit crazy and my thoughts wander...things haven't been going how we planned so maybe we should just embrace it, be poor, have 10 kids, start a farm or something?? I think maybe then I REALLY would go crazy though!..Heaven knows I am overwhelmed with the five kids I have...how could I possibly handle more? But seriously... If my life circumstances allowed, I would take 3 more babies right now!... I told you I am in baby love! If you think my thoughts of baby planning are over the top just ask me how I feel about having NO girls!
I have always wanted a girl (or more!) I read books on how to conceive girls, I prayed and begged for girls but always my prayers ended with " if another boy is what we are supposed to have then another boy is what we will gladly take!" because really, I love boys! Who knows what is to come concerning more of them??
My thoughts have come full circle as I listen to my house full of boy noises, dinner nagging at me, needing to be fixed, and I think about all the un-done housework the un-done yard work and all the things that I am doing wrong- Those thoughts have me feeling pretty content with FIVE! I will just continue enjoying being in baby love with this sleeping beauty for now...





1 comment:
He is just precious!! I love reading your thoughts! You have such a special talent of expressing your feelings. You are awesome!!! Have a wonderful day and keep enjoying those special boys!!!
Post a Comment