Just wanted to show off this little doll...
Not only is he adorable but he is such a good baby... so happy and mellow. He loves attention which is not hard to get around here. He talks and squeals at us all day long. sometimes he even fake coughs and when we say"oh no, are you okay?" he grins from ear to ear. He loves to make noise, growling, gurgling and his favorite is to squeal really loudly. He has surprised himself a few times and jumped or cried at the noise .His brothers are all so in love and interested in all the things that he does. I love watching them admire and make a fuss over him. They come running anytime he makes a peep. the little ones love rubbing lotion on him and dangling toys in front of him. the big ones like to dress him and rock him to sleep. They all love to do silly things to make him smile or laugh at them. Little Simon is definitely the star around here!
He is getting good at holding toys and bringing them to his mouth, he is pretty shaky but I love to watch him focus and try so hard to get things! He bats at toys with his little hands and loves to look at bright colors and patterns. He very rarely cries, only if he is tired or hungry and it's just a little bit of complaining. he is always so patient if I can't nurse him right away. My other babies were all sleeping through the night by 3 months but not this one. people tell me I should try to teach him to sleep all night but he is just such a little heart throb I can't stand the thought of him crying. He does one 5 hour stretch during the night and that is good enough for me right now. He likes to be swaddled and have his binkey in his mouth when he falls asleep and he loves to be snuggled and rocked to sleep. I know I am probably doing all the wrong things when it comes to sleep habits but I just want to cuddle him for as long as I can.
Babies at every age are my favorite, but the reason I love this age is because right now Simon has all the trust in the world for us, his big blue eyes sparkle because he knows who we are, He knows we love him and will take care of him and he loves us right back. I love the sound of his laugh, his chubby little legs, his hair- oh, speaking of hair, a few weeks ago some lady said " what a cute baby, he has red hair" I thought she was crazy but more and more people keep commenting on his "red hair." The more I look at it- it does look kind of strawberry blondish/reddish My sisters both have kids with red hair, my grandpa had a copper colored beard, Glen's grandma had red hair so the chances of having a red head are not completely impossible. I wouldn't mind having a little red headed boy with freckles- I love freckles! Glen on the other hand gets kind of defensive when red hair is mentioned he has no problem saying that he hopes Simon's hair fades to blond! Glen said" if he has red hair we are going to have to dye it!" "He won't even fit in with the rest of us!" of course Glen was (half) kidding! We love our little Simon, every little bit of him!- who wouldn't? He is so squishy and kissable, so happy, warm and cuddly.
Simon just had his four month birthday. He weighs 14 lbs 5 oz . He is 24 inches long. His head circumference, height and weight are all in the 25th percentile- perfectly symmetrical! He is our little joy, the love of all our lives... he makes me so happy- just thinking of him my heart melts- I love how obvious it is that he loves me, he is always watching me with his big bright eyes- such a little lover boy- I really can't get enough of him!





1 comment:
Such a precious little boy!! Keep enjoying him like you do!!
Post a Comment