I get so tired of "food battles." If you have no idea what I'm talking about than I am an even worse mother than I thought! I swear that there are like 4 maybe 5 things that Evan and Eli like to eat. ( and that includes one being candy) I find myself negotiating with food saying these dreaded words a lot... "just eat 3 more bites" or "If you don't eat all of your food, no dessert" oh I've even used "there are children starving in Africa right now who would give anything to eat a baked potato. So you better be grateful." and "small children in central America only have rice to eat... you are so lucky that we have grilled cheese sandwiches...EAT THEM" I was never that picky!! Most days I just try to let it go and then some days like today... with all the treats around because of Halloween.... It just drives me crazy!! I hope that they are getting the nutrients that they need and I try real hard never to give in about the "you eat what I make for dinner, if you choose not to than your done eating for the night" rule. My one bright shining hope is my baby... Awwwww He LOVES all fruits and all vegetables and he has at least his share of 5 a day and probably his brothers too! Here are some cute pictures of him wanting "more trees" and he couldn't get enough corn on the cob from my mom's garden this summer. I loved to watch him eat it. He would stay on a perfectly straight row all the way down the cob and then turn it a bit when he got to the end and start on the next row... like he'd been eating corn on the cob forever! I'm sure that when he hits two he'll start only eating frozen waffles and hot dogs for every meal like the others did... but until then, somebody besides me is eating the veggies that I cook!!
Bless his heart!





1 comment:
Your boys are so cute! I know exactly WHO they inherited their LOVE of candy from!!!! AND I know just how you feel...well sort of. Ruby used to be such a good eater, she'd try anything and usually like it. Oh, but the times have changed and we are entering the picky eater stage - hot dogs, waffles, mac n' cheese. I feel so guilty, I hope she grows out of it quickly.... and I hope your sweet boy keeps up with the yummy fruit and vegetables.
Post a Comment