My sisters brought their babies and were both in town this weekend for my grandma's funeral services. It was such a special time where we were able to bond together even more as a family through the love that we all share for my grandma. It was truly a beautiful day and although many tears were shed because we will miss her loving smile and kisses... we are happy for her and are so grateful for the gift of eternal families. The funeral was Friday... Sara and Miles left to return to California on Saturday and we took Julie and Ruby to the airport on Monday headed to New York... It never gets any easier to let them go after time spent together... I wish we all lived closer... My heart is so heavy today because just last night we received some heart breaking news... Julie called in tears asking me to find she and her husband Richie the earliest flights home to Utah because her sweet mother in law had just passed away... their family was in complete shock and my heart just filled with love, worry and hope for Richie's family. Susan Williams is only my mom's age... mid fifties... she had surgery last week... while Julie was here in town she wanted to visit her but Susan was not feeling up to it and they were just able to talk over the phone a few times. She seemed to be doing better as the days went by but last night she took a turn for the worse and a blood clot took her life. Ruby who is Julie's baby girl is her only grandchild... she has a young family... one daughter and two sons. Her youngest son just returned home from a mission and is engaged to be married in December... She had so much life ahead of her and was taken so quickly.... It is hard to understand... I was able to get to know Susan more than usual because when Julie would come to town we'd split time with Julie with them.... so a few times we'd meet in the middle for lunch or drop Julie off at their house in Heber... or they'd come up to my mom's house to visit Julie and Ruby there.... Susan was humble and quiet, so kind hearted, generous, and loving. Ruby's one year old birthday party was at my house and it was so easy to see how much Susan adored her.... With my grandma it just seemed right that she passed away, she lived such a long happy life and her health was failing, we knew the end was coming and were able to spend time making sure she knew we loved her... Susan's passing came too soon and too sudden. I think of all the things that she will not be here for and my heart just breaks. My faith does not waiver though, and I know that all of our lives are in our Heavenly Father's hands and that He has a plan for us... He must have needed her home! I know that prayer is a great source of comfort! My sister Sara and I talked on the phone last night and she reminded me of one of the talks that President Monson gave during this most recent General conference about living life now and not waiting for tomorrow to love or to forgive or to change... what a comfort this gospel is!! With my grandma we were lucky to spend final days with her it brought lots of comfort but we may not know when other loved ones final days may be and I have a new resolution that just as President Monson counseled I want to be quick to forgive and let those I love know it by word and action, to try to live every day the right way! I know that this is how my dear brother in law Richie's mom was living and I hope that this knowledge and the knowledge of the gospel brings their family peace through the difficult days ahead! We love you Richie, Julie, Ruby, Richard, Whitney, Steve, Micah, and Chelsea... your sweet loving family is in our prayers...
25% Off. Don’t Pay Full Price.
1 week ago





5 comments:
Em - I am so sorry to hear of this new tragedy. You, your sister and her extended family are in my prayers. I love you.
I can't believe it. What a hard time Julie must be having. We will keep them in our prayers...we already think of them often. Em, you are just the sweetest coolest lady. You are so fun to be around and I am so glad you are my family. Thanks for always being so loving and supportive...it is like we are all sisters. Love ya!
Oh, I'm so sorry for them! It's probably so comforting for them to have you and other family members to help them through a difficult time.
I too loved President Monson's talk. We need to just focus on enjoying what we've got right now and then we won't have to worry about regrets.
That post really brought me to tears. I really do try and live each and every moment of life as though today may be the last for me, or someone I love. We just never know when our time is up... I'm so sorry for your loss Julie, and pray you and your family will have the strength to get through this difficult, and trying time.
It was a hard weekend, but a good one too. It was so nice seeing you guys, we definitely need to do a cousins party this year. Give my love to Julie, so hard. We love you guys.
Post a Comment