Monday night we invited my parents and my brothers family over for a little pumpkin carving party! First we had a festive dinner, complete with"witches brew."
I had my brother in law Richie who is a doctor, scoop these fingers out of the ER garbage can at the hospital where he works...They came in the mail packed on ice.... the boys were all pretty freaked out!!! heee heee!
gummy body parts...actually pretty tasty!!
a nose, a severed foot and and an ear are shown below in the chips!
I sort of get a kick out of the blood and gore of Halloween. Thanks to my two uncles Jeff and Jason who teased me and scared me my whole life until I just became insensitive. However scary movies... I DO NOT do, and haunted houses, forest, corn mazes etc... FREAK me out... I don't like moving creatures out in the dark...
I can do blood and gross stuff though! Maybe its the nurse in me? Get this... Glen was seriously feeling sick to his stomach when he saw the fingers and even the gummy body parts??? They are tiny pieces of candy that don't even look real??
He said that looking at them made his stomach flip flop... silly... but I still love him!
Evan deep in concentration...
what is it with sticking their tongue out that helps boys to do their best work??
This year Glen thought it would be fun to illuminate the pumkins with glow sticks! It was pretty fun to have all the colors. We turned out the lights and layed around singing Halloween songs about witches, ghosts, skeletons and pumkins... A tradition we've had since I was a little girl!
The perfect ending to a fun Halloween night!!






11 comments:
Thanks for helping me to always feel like a part of our families traditions.....even if we are thousands of miles away! You are the best party planner, and think of every little detail(the spooky ones in this case!) Dad is always the life of the party, I can just see him meticulously carving his masterpiece and goofing around with those bloody fingers and his grandsons!
I love the fun colors in the pumpkins. We should try that sometime, too. And your new house is beautiful, of course. You are so talented with that sort of thing!
And you are so good at doing fun things like parties and events for your family. I hope I can be a mom like that someday!
Those fingers really do make me sick looking at them! Way to real... That glow stick thing will definitely FLY!
SO fun!! I LOVE the glow stick idea, good one Glen!! And seriously EM, Im pretty grossed out with the fingers myself, I don't think I would eat ANYTHING out of those bowls!! :) U r the BEST PArty Hostess, EVER!!
how fun! i love that you go all out for each holiday! very cool!
so fun! you always do such fun things with your kids. I'm trying harder to do more but WOW you amaze me!!!1
I miss the pumpkin walk, I loved in college so I know my kids would love it!
Looks like a great night! Loved all the details - something you are very good at my friend.
I love Evan sticking out his tongue in deep thought - it isn't just a boy thing. I still do that!
Those bloody fingers were the best! What a good idea...
Emily, or should I say Martha Stewart?!! Seriously, you've got, as Grant would say, "mad skills" (don't ask) when it comes to throwing a party! You are so creative and such a welcoming hostess... I only wish we were there to tag along at every occassion!
I love the different colored light in the pumpkins, what a great idea. You guys look like you have as much fun on Halloween as we do!
I'll have to admit those fingers made me want to kind of throw up. : ) They look so real.
Post a Comment