Lately I've been thinking about how hard it is to see Oliver changing so fast... but as much as that tugs at my heart, having Evan (my first born) turn 10 nearly breaks it! I am totally happy for him and so grateful for the past 10 ten years that we've had him and all that he has become... he is a complete joy, always has been. I just cannot believe he's TEN. I remember when I was ten and in fourth grade and I thought I was practically a grown up... and now he is ten and in fourth grade and I can't stand to see him growing up. I just want to keep him here safe with me forever... totally sappy, I know... but it's the truth!
I've wondered if a mother can truly love all her children the same and have been pleased to find that-I do ... all my boys have the same spot in my heart. I love them all alike but the thing that's special about the first born is that they are the ones who forever change you and make you a mother... that is a special bond that I have with Evan... we both took on a new journey at the same time... he into life and me into motherhood!
Evan is such a special kid... He is well rounded, smart, athletic, funny, respectful and kind. He is good at making friends, he tends to be cautious, but is confident once he tries new things. Evan loves loves loves to read, ride his bike, build things with Legos, play video and computer games, jump on the trampoline, swim and earn badges in cub scouts. He also likes to play with his little brothers, he is such a good babysitter, loves to hold Oliver and play games with Gabe, He also likes to drive the four wheeler, mow the lawn while singing along to his i-pod and he is good at blowing bubbles with his gum. Evan's cousins are his best friends, he's rather play with them than anyone else. He loves to watch football and scooby doo on TV, he is excited about learning to play the recorder in his music class, his favorite dinner is Hawaiian haystacks, favorite candy bar is a Hershey cookies and cream. Evan has a heart of gold, he is always trying to improve himself and he is full of empathy for others, He he always asking me what he can do to help and is willing to do anything that I ask him, seriously! If you don't know Evan... you should get to know him I guarantee you'd love him right from the start... he's one of those kids (I know I'm his mom, but I'm not exaggerating!) ... All these things are just a little bit of what makes Evan special!
On the morning of Evan's birthday he woke up to streamers, balloons and happy birthday signs all around the house! We surprised him for breakfast with his favorite hostess raspberry filled donuts and chocolate milk. He opened a few presents before school but he decided instead of more presents he'd rather have a party. One with his cousins and one with his friends.
Evan chose to have a rollerblading party with his friends the next day after school. He invited six friends (and Eli too!) two from football, two from church and two from school. they had lots of fun blading, playing a few arcade games, eating pizza, and celebrating!


The boys.... David, Austin, Evan, Eli and Jayden in front. Matt, Josh and Nick in the back

The birthday boy!

They joined us for cake and ice cream towards the end of the party

on their back packs
Happy Birthday to our sweet Evan! We love you so much!!







8 comments:
It looks like it was a fun, fun, fun time. Happy Birthday Evan!!!
Looks like he had a fun birthday... He's SO cute!
Happy Birthday to one of our favorite people! We love you Evan!! (come and visit anytime!!!)
Happy, Happy, Birthday Evan Dear! We love you so much! I cannnot believe he is TEN years old.....I have loved watching him grow up into the funny, sweet, amazing BIG boy that he is! xoxo
So first of all, you have a ten year old!?!?! Weird :) Second of all, Evan and I are kindred spirits because those rasperry filled donuts are MY favorite thing on this planet! He seems like such a sweet kid, good job.
Evan really is an awesome boy! I still have hopes for that arranged marriage :)
You are so awesome Em! I love you dearly and am grateful for you in my life.
Happy BIrthday Evan!! I can't believe he is 10... CrAzY!!! Man....I miss u guys!!!
Happy Happy Birthday to Evan. I will never forget the first time I met this boy. He was so polite, and sweet. He was excited and energetic. From that time, to every week at church, I knew that I needed a son, just like Evan. I really have a spot in my heart for him, he is an amazing little boy. TEN year old little boy! You are an amazing mom, and Evan is proof!
Post a Comment