First day of school August 21st, 2009
Evan and Eli are back in school! I don't like to see summer come to an end but I do love getting back to the routine and schedule that school life demands! I sure miss my boys when they go but they are excited to be in school and that makes me excited and happy for them!
I have so much to catch up on and I never seem to have a minute... I dream of having five minutes to spend on my computer writing and updating... but it just hasn't been happening. I thought that once my big boys were in school that I'd have more time to get things done. I swear I had more time when Oliver was a newborn... he slept then. Now he calls out for me every time I set him down or leave the room. Sometimes I try to sneak away but his eyes are always on me... and Gabe... Gabe is two and that pretty much says it all! He is always climbing and messing and needing. Between nursing Oliver, helping Gabe, homework for the older boys, football games and practice, Walmart runs, scouts, church responsibilities, reading for 20 minutes, and early bedtime... the days just fly by. The routine is nice... but oh so busy!
I no longer clean my house there is only time for "straightening." the yard is full of weeds, my garden, neglected.... I'm lucky if I get a shower in and shaving my legs is non existent. Gabe brushed his hand against my leg the other day and with a disgusted look on his face he said "you got grass on your legs mom" I just replied under my breath "yep... that hair is about as long as our grass isn't it..." I am officially a frazzled and frumpy mom of four.... I swore it wouldn't happen to me... but alas, it is true! I know things will get better.... right? they will?
Despite hairy legs, a messy house, and lots of chaos... I am really trying to get us into a good routine and I am learning to "let go" and be... flexible :)
speaking of routine, I decided that now is the time to really get started on trying to mend what two babies in two years has done to my body. I made a plan and decided that I would start my boot camp last Monday, because as everyone knows... Monday is the best "start over day" ... I can't tell you how many times I've said to myself "I'll do better starting Monday"... So anyway last Saturday night while I was getting groceries I passed the hostess aisle. I couldn't help but notice the twinkies, they were calling to me. I like twinkies.... I knew I should avoid them like I always do but then I thought "wait a second, once I start my "new life" on Monday, I will not be eating any more twinkies... in fact this "new me" will NEVER be able to eat another twinkie again.... EVER....In a panic at that thought I hastily threw a box of twinkies in my cart and ignored my better senses trying to talk me out of it.
Do you binge before starting a diet .... or is it just me?
I have problems, I know!! so... maybe I can't blame it all on two babies in two years... FINE!
I seriously ate a box of twinkies last weekend... A BOX.... and really I must say.... they tasted so good! But I can't elaborate about the yellow sponge cake and creamy filling or I might not be able to get them out of my mind and that would be sabotage!
the new routine and the "new me" are a work in progress.... I hope I survive!
oh and here is a sneak peak at precious baby Oliver... he just turned four months old?? I cannot believe it!






4 comments:
Just think--your kids are happy and healthy--so you are doing exactly what matters! The other stuff is just stuff. Life is so crazy with a baby, and I'm sure it just gets crazier with more kids! But you're doing a great job, and your kids are adorable!
Good luck with the diet, too! (You're not the only one who binges first...it's pretty sad, isn't it?)
Oh, I can so relate to all you said! Every bit of it! Hope you are all doing great!
Emily, you are doing great! Just be flexible and enjoy what is really important. Frumpy?? You?? Never. You are awesome and things will get better. It was fun to be with you and your cute family!! Have a good day. Love you guys.
When I saw you last month you looked ANYTHING but frumpy!! Oliver is so very cute and getting so big!
Post a Comment