Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Happy Birthday to my one and only...

I really was a slacker in this years festivities for Glen's birthday... I think that birthday's are important and a fun way to show the love but I'm thinking this was the worst birthday ever for poor Glen! When I told him this he just laughed and said I was crazy, his day was fine. Fine??? that word says a lot... and I am feeling guilty. He kept saying he didn't care about having a celebration and he didn't need any gifts....
I was busy all week and so I tried to tell myself it was fine...

we did go out on our first "official date" since having Oliver, usually Ollie tags along but this time it was just the two of us ( thanks to my mom and dad).... It was nice to be on our own and it felt like a special night but in the end I am still feeling bad because I didn't even write him a love note, he picked out his own presents, (one of which was a nose hair and eyebrow trimmer... ah, the joy of getting old!) (sorry that little secret slipped out honey) I didn't even wrap them, he had to help me clean the house that day, he made his own cake and look... his birthday post is LATE. seriously.... I did not do very good but I am counting on the fact that despite all that was overlooked my wonderful husband knows the truth...
I love him, he is my life and I am so lucky to have him!

On the evening of his birthday we invited my parents over for dinner. I made lasagna as the birthday boy requested. The boys had lots of fun decorating Glen's cake singing "happy birthday" to him and helping him blow out the candles but the best part of course was eating it! Evan and Eli bought Glen his favorite candy bar they made him a cute card and emptied all their spare change into the envelope!


We love you Glen and couldn't stand it if you weren't ours!!
Happy Birthday!!

2 comments:

Shirlene said...

We love you too Glen. Sounds like your birthday was pretty good. You have a great family!

Sunny Jo said...

Happy Birthday to Glen!!
I feel bad cause u couldn't do the things u wanted to do for him...probably cause I came up and stole u for a day!! Sorry!! :)
Thanks for letting me come and stay!! I had SO much fun with u... it was way to short though!! :(
Love you girl!!