It's official....Ollie is six months old!! (isn't he darling) I've been dreading this milestone, it came way too fast!! Yet at the same time, I love this stage and have been looking forward to it too... crazy I know... it seems the entire first year is that way...such a contradiction. I feel so happy that my baby is growing and changing but I just want to hold him back too... make him stay a baby forever! The first year is full of constant change and discoveries there just is not enough time to soak it all in... I like to think that I am, soaking you know? But seriously, can you believe he is already half way to being a one year old??!! How is that possible! I can't believe it!!
Right now Oliver weighs just 14 pounds 2 ounces and is in the 5th percentile. Still a little guy. He is 23 inches long (15th percentile) and his head is in the 30th percentile.
but most importantly...Oliver is 100 percentile... adorable!
He rolls from tummy to back and back to tummy but his favorite mode of transportation is to scoot on his back using his feet to push himself. I lay him on the floor in front of the couch and the next thing I know he's clear across the room by the fireplace! He can sit for a few seconds but still tips easily.
Oliver also loves to scoot around in his walker... yes that's right a walker. I know they are outlawed for some crazy safety violation... but seriously who is not smart enough to block off the stairs when an infant is on wheels?? I swear the walker is the reason that my kids have all walked early... research suggests the opposite, but I don't think so! Oliver loves to be upright, seeing all the action, he can move himself in the walker forward and backwards too. when he is tired of a toy he throws it over the edge and then looks down over the side
to see where it landed. smart boy!
to see where it landed. smart boy!
His favorite toy is a tiny plush Grover doll. he loves to suck on Grover's nose!
He is obsessed with tags. He twists and turns every toy around looking for the fabric tag. He bends the tag and separates them with his little fingers and of course he sucks on them... everything goes into his mouth. He drools like crazy, but no teeth yet. He drinks a bottle every three hours during the day and is getting good at eating his rice cereal before bedtime. At night he sleeps from midnight to about 7 AM ... my worst sleeper yet! ;)
He needs his Binky to sleep and has a favorite blanket too! he gets restless when we rock or hold him for too long and prefers to just be placed into his crib ( lucky I know... but I do love to rock a baby to sleep so I'm a bit sad about this )
He is so smiley but we have to work hard to get him to laugh. He just grunts when we tickle him so we have to be really goofy... but it's so worth it! I love to hear him laughing!
Oliver loves everything about Gabe and is constantly reaching out for him,
squealing at him and watching him.
squealing at him and watching him.
Evan takes care of his needs and knows just what to do when he cries.
So awhile back....I admitted that I was a bit disheartened to learn that we were having ANOTHER boy, but at the same time I did know that this little boy was meant to come to our family! before I saw him I loved him but I thought of him as ANOTHER BOY and just... you know, run of the mill, been there done that... nothing exciting blah blah blah... Now I cannot imagine life without my sweet Oliver ....these four boys of mine...nothing about them is run of the mill or blah... They make my life full of fun .... can you believe that I love this many boys all at the same time, it blows me away how lucky I am to have them! A new baby brings so much happiness and perspective...Oliver has helped me to see that a mama's heart cannot run out of love and that although life may not always go the way that I think it should... it's okay!
I am so grateful for my little family... and in case your wondering,
I am so in love with this baby of mine!







8 comments:
he is adorable! i am so glad you have recorded all of these fun things about him! :)
Six months, WOW, time goes so quickly. I love that you have recorded so much about Oliver. I would have given anything to have had blogs around when my kids were little to document their growing moments. I just didn't do it. My oldest baby is turning 17 on the 20the 20th and I can so relate with stopping time so they can't grow. I'm struggling with it.
Oh, he is just so cute! I can't wait to see him in just a couple of weeks. I can't believe how grown up he is - 6 months!! Crazy. I still feel like they are newborns (he and Emmett). I need to catch up with blogging. You do a great job!
Oh that sweet little Ollie. He is perfection. It makes me sad to think he is already six months old, I haven't been able to love on him nearly enough. You should have least 10 little huber boys - with boys like yours the sky is the limit!
What a great post!! And, what a darling little boy!! Neat memories you will have as you read this in 16 years, 19 year, 40 years etc etc. He will love it too.
Em... talk about love to read blogs! That was so cute. He is precious stuff. It was fun to compare him with Jovie... Ollie definately gets around more ;). Wow, I can't believe he scoots! HAHAHAHA that's awesome! The tag thing made me laugh... Jovie does that too. Your comments are always so sweet, thanks. Sunny says she's heading your way this weekend for some shopping! I am totally giving her money to snatch me one of those bundles. woo hoo!
Emily your boys are SOO cute!! I don't have your e-mail, but look on my blog if you get a chance I am doing a sale this weekend that you might want to come to... but REALLY I am leaving this comment because today I was getting my hair done... and I heard that you had vinyl that wasn't working... and that you wouldn't CALL me about it!!! E-mail me and let me know what it is I will HAPPILY reprint... sometimes the blade gets messed up and I don't figure it out until after I've sold some of it. If it won't come off the paper or the paper sticks to the back I am sure that is what it is! :)
Post a Comment