I am breathing a sigh of relief because finally we have ALL received the H1N1 flu vaccine and the required boosters... about 8 weeks ago we stood in line at the health department for over an hour. It was worth it, I have never been as worried about one of my babies getting sick as I am this season with Oliver... I don't think I'm paranoid or anything it's just that infants are at high risk for complications and the thought of my Oliver getting something nasty makes my heart sink. So why not try to prevent the severity with a vaccine. Whew... I'm so glad we did. Now if I could just keep everyone from grabbing his hands when they greet him. why do people do that? don't they know his hands go straight into his mouth with their germs on them? seriously? please don't touch babies hands, oh and stay home if your sick!
Last weekend it snowed... it was perfect. We listened to Christmas music as we put up the tree, placed the garland and strung the lights... it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...
I am ashamed to admit that every year in the past I have not bought one thing for Christmas before Thanksgiving... black Friday is the kick start to my Christmas shopping... but not this year. I already have a few things... and you know what? It feels good, but I could never be one of those people who is done Christmas shopping by August... I love to shop during Christmas time... with holiday music in the background, every store decked out, cold crisp air, the bustle, the sales... it's invigorating.
Glen is a fan of Survivor... so I watch it with him. this season... I am really liking it. so many twists and surprises and at first I didn't like Russel he is too crafty, but... I think he's growing on me. Yes, I am rooting for Russell!... oh and good riddance to Laura. (the viper)
You know nie nie and cjane? Of course you do, everybody knows these famous utah bloggers right? Well I check in on them from time to time and I'm sure there are a million reasons why I might envy them... beauty, brains, fashion, creativity just to name a few but actually those traits are too endearing to covet. You wanna know what I envy? It might seem crazy to you but I envy them because they are sisters living by each other, making memories everyday, not just the two of them oh no there are four of them. They get to hold each others babies, have casual dinners together, go out to movies, watch their nieces and nephews grow, talk and laugh with each other... not just over the phone... they see each other. They hang out. I wish I could hang out with my sisters.... I wish it everyday.
I am SO excited to see New Moon! I am pretty bummed that I was not die hard with this movie release. I did not don my cape or vampire fangs and get a ticket for the premier, what a dud!
We are in charge of our ward Christmas party... I am stressed! It's a lot of pressure because I want everyone to have fun and enjoy the night. It is in two weeks and I hope it all comes together... there are a lot of little things that have to come together that I have no control over...
I really like DETAILS and sometimes I over think a lot when planning. It's so nice to have Glen... he is calm and level headed and reassuring... he is willing to do whatever it takes for things to go smoothly. He completes me ;)
Last week Oliver was so wobbly while trying to sit, he wasn't even close. Still such a baby. This week he is sitting! All by himself without tipping at all... a big boy! that's how fast he changes... I really don't like it. How are people ever done having babies? Does that statement mean I'm never going to stop? Of course not. I just really cannot imagine not having a babies warm "puppy dog" breath on my neck, no more swaddling, rocking chairs, velvet skin, tiny parts....
It is driving me crazy that I have not posted anything about Halloween and it's almost Thanksgiving. And what's worse... I have all of summer to catch up on too! I can't wait to upload all those pictures and write the details... I hope I can get to it soon!
My beautiful friend Sunny (and baby Ethan) came up from Lehi last week for some much needed girl time. We got a ticket for the friends and family event for the jj cole sale and thought we bought everything we needed. Glen offered to watch all the kids while Sunny and I went to dinner and to Old Navy then once we got home we decided we needed more jj cole stuff so we lined up early the next morning and went again. We also hit the mall... It was the BEST! I have not gone shopping for so long... I have not had such a great time in a long while...I miss Sunny, (hurry back!) I miss Lehi, I miss my cute girl friends there.
I have a bad case of "the wants"... it's a good thing it's Thanksgiving this week. Thinking about that makes "the wants" go away and in their place is the realization that I have so many blessings. Every day kind of blessings that are easy to take for granted and huge blessings that cannot be ignored... I am Thankful!
and in conclusion of this random post... I really need to get to bed because this little romeo will be waking soon...
25% Off. Don’t Pay Full Price.
1 week ago






3 comments:
Hey, you made me cry big old tears with all that sister talk! Of course it could be a pregnancy side effect - but really it is just because I miss you so much and also spend everyday wishing we could be together- for all of the little things and the big things too! If only I were there, I would wear fangs and giggle all through new moon with you! We could compare our looong list of wants, I'd help you plan your christmas party and squeeze your precious boys.... Someday, right? I am holding out hope for that someday........ for now I guess our daily phone calls will have to do! love you!
Oh, that baby is too cute. I can't wait to see him (and you guys). I liked your random post. It will be fun to look back and remember the things you were thinking about at the time. I need to do more of that. We haven't got the flu (HIN1)shots yet and I have been a little nervous. Emmett will be 6 months in a few weeks. Was there any side effects?? I haven't wanted to stand in line (they were only letting kids up to 4 get them until today). I am right with you on Russell - he drove me crazy at the first and I thought people were so dumb to not see right through him. Now he is my favorite and I hope he stays for a while!
Can't wait . . .
Oh wouldn't it be nice to live by all your family? I am hoping that it will happen someday...someday.
Nicholas is too little to get the vaccine this year, so I got it and I keep him home. I can't believe how often everyone tries to grab his hands! Seriously! And I don't want to put hand sanitizer on them because then he'll eat that, too.
It's just easier to keep him home for now. I want him healthy!
Oliver is adorable, by the way! I hope I get to see him sometime!
Post a Comment