They made biscuits, eggs, bacon, sausage, orange juice and cinnamon rolls... all while he was sound asleep
Then they all woke him up in their favorite way... dog pile! Once the wrestling was over, and they'd all wished him a Happy Father's day, Gabe and Oliver said "close your eyes" and they took him by the hands and led him out in the backyard to the patio
Where breakfast was served..
after everyone was stuffed, the boys brought out the gifts
Eli made this wooden picture frame at scouts
The boys all picked out some of their Dad's favorite treats for him and I helped them decorate a stylish T-shirt too!
Since their Dad is their favorite playmate they got him a volleyball net for the backyard
He LOVED all of it!
I know everyone says that their husband is the best dad ever and that 's fine if you think that but SERIOUSLY... my boys have the best dad in all the world! He adores these boys of his, he notices the little things they do and say and at the end of the day we talk and he says "did you hear when Oliver said this..." or he says "Did you see the look on Eli's face when that happened...." Sometimes we sigh when we talk about the naughty things they do but always without fail Glen says " I sure love them!" or he says "aren't they cute!" or "its a good thing we love them so much..." He always sees the positive and loves each of them for who they are.
I love it when we are spending time together as a family anywhere and Glen and I constantly exchange glances every time our boys do naughty things or nice things... we share the same thoughts about these boys of ours. No one loves these boys like I do- except for him! I see love in his eyes every time he looks at all of us. He keeps us all on track doing all the right things. He expects a lot of the boys and he teaches them about respect and he enforces manners. He teaches them how to do things like change the brakes on the car and how to fix a flat tire on their bike- it would be so much easier for him to do these jobs himself but he knows the importance of letting them learn just like he learned from his own dad. He teaches them how to work hard and reminds them that someday when they are on their own they will be the best roommate, mission companion and spouse because they know how to work and do a good job!
When the boys get hurt they usually run to their Dad- he pretends he is "Doctor Dad" and he talks in a very official voice as he examines their injury- this always turns their crying into giggles. (or eye rolling from Evan and Eli) He has the best tricks for getting these picky eaters to try new foods. When he is home for lunch he tells the boys it's time to eat at "Huberhut" or "McHubers" then he pretends to be a chef and waiter- where he takes their orders... and delivers it just how they asked. They love it! He builds forts and sets up train tracks with the little boys. He throws baseballs, frisbee's and football's over and over. He plays basketball and soccer and he arranges ping pong tournaments in the basement, sometimes he even lets me or the boys beat him! :) when we go to the park I would love for him to sit and visit with me while the kids play but he loves to play tag with the boys on the playground instead. I love to hear him laughing with our boys! He loves bike rides, going on hikes and going camping! He takes time often to tell each of our boys that he loves them, that they are smart and that they are special!. Everything they do is more fun because they do it with him- he is their playmate and friend. He tucks them in every night...EVERY SINGLE night he sings to them, he runs his fingers through their hair as he kneels by the side of their bed.
These are just a few of my favorite things about their Dad. The best decision of my life was when I married him! Me and the boys are his whole world and we know it because he TELLS us and he SHOWS us everyday! I really LOVE their Dad- truly the best Dad ever!





1 comment:
The boys and you did a wonderful job making that such a special Father's Day. I love the shirt!
I love Glen too and appreciate what a great man he is!!
Post a Comment