I am not sure if today is the official holiday or not, but today my kids are celebrating "Grandparent's Day" at school! So... Happy grandparent's day!! I didn't know that there is an official holiday for grandparents, I am so glad that there is! The past few weeks Evan and Eli have been practicing (over and over...)the songs that they have been learning for the grandparent program at school . We ALL have them memorized now!- the other day I caught myself humming the tune to one as I swept the kitchen floor!! ( annoying!) Anyway just recently we talked about family history for FHE- So we've been thinking a lot about the legacy that our grandparents and many many previous generations of grandparents have given us! What a blessing, to have such wonderful loved ones to look up to and to learn from! I am so grateful that my boys are able to spend time with their grandparents. I know that I take for granted the fact that we live so close to ALL of them- it is a HUGE blessing! I am so thankful for the memories that I have of my grandparents while growing up, and that I am still able to make memories with them now! I know my relationship with them is a big part of who I am today! I am so thankful that my children are able to build memories, play with, learn, interact, and be loved by grandparents !!! - Their influence is tremendous! I hope that we can continue the wonderful legacy we have been given- We love you!!!
" Little Grandma Evans" (my Dad's mom)that's what Evan started calling her when he was about two. She may look little but she sure has a big heart and strong spirit! I miss my grandpa Evans and I know she does even more, but she is strong and happy, always always positive! One of the greatest ladies I know.
Grandpa Kim (my dad) He especially loves babies and has a gift for getting them to sleep (dancing to the beat of really great -sometimes loud-music!) He is very generous and thoughtful! He always finds special and unusual trinkets to surprise the boys with! He plays games and builds castles and is a great referee (8 grandsons, says it all!) He loves to learn and takes the time to teach. He loves children and has a tenderheart!
Great-Grandma Murray (my mom's mother) Her house is one of my favorite places to be- lots of memories made there! She always makes everybody feel welcome! She tells lots of stories and makes me laugh! I remember really feeling special when I was little because Grandma always told me I was beautiful- She still does! She kisses my boys and says they smell good! She has an incredible memory and tells lots of stories about us growing up! She writes in her journal- I love that! She is really brave (no numbing at the dentist!) and such a hard worker! I love everything she cooks! Especially her homeade donuts! She is such an incredible lady. I 'm so blessed that she's my grandma!
Great-Grandma Andersen (Glen's mom's mother) lives in Arizona, so we don't get to see her as often as we would like to! I love her stylish clothing and beautiful white hair! She has great jewlery- very classy lady! I love how she speaks her mind and isn't afraid to be who she is. She is a strong lady, I really admire her devotion to her family! She works in the temple and is very dedicated. I love that she is competative when it comes to card games and it's just best if you let her win! (sorry no picture of Grandma Andersen in our digital folder)





5 comments:
this is a great post! thanks for sharing and reminding me of how important our grandparents are!
hey.... just wanted you to know that i tagged you...
very cute em! I need to think of creative things to blog about. You write so good too. I love reading things that you write! Miss you! You guys are invited to Missoula anytime!!
Ok, seriously Em. Can you get any better at this blogging thing. What a cute idea to write about the Grandparents. You are always so thoughtful! Your blog is so much fun, and your boys are just adorable. Wish I could see you guys more! Hope things are good there in Highland!
Okay seriously can I find anymore thing that we are alike at? so Evan is named after your granparents obviously well....Tucker is my mom's maiden name. I love your idea to write about grandparents!
Post a Comment