The best day of my Life...
"Marriage is perhaps the most vital of all the decisions and has the most far-reaching effects, for it has to do not only with immediate happiness, but also with eternal joys. It affects not only the two people involved, but also their families and particularly their children and their children’s children down through the many generations"
Today is cold, just like it was 11 years ago... We went outside for pictures after the ceremony and didn't even feel it! Everyone there was shivering, but not us, we were warm...lots of adrenaline from the excitement of the day, I guess!! It did wear off eventually... not the excitement... just the warmth and after awhile it was that freezing cold air where you can't even feel your nose running because your face is so cold... good thing we were so in love!!
Glen and I dated for a year and a half and got engaged on December 7th 1996! We were married in the Logan temple on March 28th 1997! I was 19 and he was 24... ah, young love... when it's right it's right though, and I am so glad that we sort of "grew up" together!! I can't believe it has been 11 years!! I look at people who I know who have only been married 4 and 5 years and am so anxious for them to see the difference in 5 years to 11 years!! it's amazing and most people tell you that if your lucky, your love gets stronger in time... and it's true... We have been very lucky and blessed!! five years ago we loved each other, but it was nothing like it is now! The longer you are together, the more obstacles and life decisions you make together, each thing can either push you apart or pull you together! I am so grateful for a wonderful husband who made sure that we continued to pull together and I can honestly say that I love him more everyday! I look forward to spending the rest of my life with him!! I am so grateful for the examples of our parents and grandparents who have worked and strengthened their marriages and who truly love each other! We have such a wonderful legacy to follow! Here are a few of my favorite quotes about marriage and some pictures too! (remember folks, it was 11 years ago, and the stylin' of the nineties!! Yes, that is Glen... he once had curly locks... but I think bald is sexy! and yes, that is me... with a PERM and a few too many ear piercings (90's!!!!)...Even still, I think we make
Glen and I dated for a year and a half and got engaged on December 7th 1996! We were married in the Logan temple on March 28th 1997! I was 19 and he was 24... ah, young love... when it's right it's right though, and I am so glad that we sort of "grew up" together!! I can't believe it has been 11 years!! I look at people who I know who have only been married 4 and 5 years and am so anxious for them to see the difference in 5 years to 11 years!! it's amazing and most people tell you that if your lucky, your love gets stronger in time... and it's true... We have been very lucky and blessed!! five years ago we loved each other, but it was nothing like it is now! The longer you are together, the more obstacles and life decisions you make together, each thing can either push you apart or pull you together! I am so grateful for a wonderful husband who made sure that we continued to pull together and I can honestly say that I love him more everyday! I look forward to spending the rest of my life with him!! I am so grateful for the examples of our parents and grandparents who have worked and strengthened their marriages and who truly love each other! We have such a wonderful legacy to follow! Here are a few of my favorite quotes about marriage and some pictures too! (remember folks, it was 11 years ago, and the stylin' of the nineties!! Yes, that is Glen... he once had curly locks... but I think bald is sexy! and yes, that is me... with a PERM and a few too many ear piercings (90's!!!!)...Even still, I think we make
a pretty cute couple!!
"Enjoy the journey, traveling hand in hand, in sunshine and storm, as companions who love one another." - Gordon B. Hinckley

"In the enriching of marriage the big things are the little things. It is a constant appreciation for each other and a thoughtful demonstration of gratitude. It is the encouraging and the helping of each other to grow. Marriage is a joint quest for the good, the beautiful, and the divine."
- James E. Faust

"Marriage demands work. A happy marriage exacts the very best of us. Yet above all, maintaining a successful marriage is a choice." - Janette K. Gibbons

"The secret of a happy marriage is to serve God and each other. The goal of marriage is unity and oneness, as well as self-development. Paradoxically, the more we serve one another, the greater is our spiritual and emotional growth."- Ezra Taft Benson
Happy Anniversary Baby!!
11 years going on.... forever!!!!





9 comments:
What a great looking couple! Congratulations on your anniversary-- you guys are the best! Here's to many happy years to come.
I love your blog! You bring tears to my eyes as I read your thoughts and see your pictures. You have such a great way of expressing things! I'm grateful for you two and your cute little family. I'm grateful you are working together for eternity. Families are wonderful and I love you.
Love, Mom Huber
happy anniversary! how exciting! we will be celebrating out 6 year anniversary next week! amazing how fast it goes!
congrats! a little birdie told me you are moving back to cache valley! so exciting!
Awwwwwww Em, that is so sweet! What a beautiful young bride you were! You haven't aged a day - what is your secret??? I will never forget your adorable wedding cake - it was so cute, just like mom's! I wish you had posted a picture of it! You and Glen are such a great couple - truly meant for one another! Happy Anniversary you two lovebirds!!
Your're moving back to cache valley?? What?? That's exciting!! I love the pics. They are so cute. I can't believe how young you look! And the perm... so 90's!! Love it! So, are you guys still going to the expo and going to your house to scrap? I can't get ahold of Barbie. But, I was wondering if I am still invited. Originally I thought I'd have a baby but it looks like it may be awhile, so I'd love to get together and scrap! Let me know what you're final plans are and if there's room for me! :)
What a great post! Happy Anniversary! I love your photos, such a cute idea! You are a very cute couple...
I have said this a thousand times - I am the luckiest guy around. I can't believe I ever hooked up with a girl that hot and cool and amazing and awesome and fun and sweet!
love the pics. Our family is blessed that Glen married you!! We love you (and Glen too) :)
Post a Comment