Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Lion House...mmmmm


Last week my grandma Murray had a doctor appointment at LDS hospital. It was just a basic check-up and happened to fall on a day that my dad had a work meeting in Salt Lake. So it worked out great for them to ride together. My mom and my grandparents all drove down. I talked to my mom about meeting up for lunch. As Eli was getting ready for afternoon Kindergarten I told him that I was going to meet grandma and grandpa Murray and my parents for lunch. He looked at me with big sad eyes and pleaded with me, not to send him to school, so that he could see his great grandparents and my parents too! I felt like it was a pretty special thing that they were so close and it's only kindergarten , right? so I took him with us. Since my dad was at his meetings I went and picked up my mom and my grandparents from the appointment and we met my dad at the Lion House Restaurant. it had been a long time since I'd eaten there. My dad treated us all to luch and let Eli pick out whatever he wanted. Eli's lunch consisted of two cookies, a roll, red jello cubes carrot cake and a bottle of juice!! (grandpa's are the best!) It was really fun to see and to visit with my grandparents and my mom and dad too! Lunch was delicious and it was a perfect afternoon!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I looooove the Lion House. I think Eli had it right on - the best parts are the rolls and the carrot cake! Yum! I wish I could have been there with you all!

Valerie said...

I've never been to the Lion House and am searching for reviews. It sounds great.