hard at work!
Leprechauns love treasures and gold! They live and frolic in the pots of gold at the end of the rainbow... I used to imagine them using the rainbow as a slide and landing... burried in gold!! living the good life!! Well... a few years ago on St. Patrick's Day my friend Anne Parker's kids told us that leprechauns came to their house and left a treasure! Evan was amazed and wondered why we didn't have leprechauns come to our house??? I wasn't sure how to answer him and so I asked her about it and this is the secret that she shared....


Not only did those leprechauns turn our milk green, those little rascals strung toilet paper all over the boys room. They hid the toothbrushes, put the shoes on top of the table, turned the picture frames and chairs upside down, and hung the backpacks from the ceiling!! Everywhere they went they left a trail of gold... !! 



Evan and Eli made sure to wear green to bed, so that the wouldn't get a pinch on St. Patrick's Day! Evan woke me up with a big hug pratically yelling... "the leprechauns came!"
If you put a "treasure box" out in the moonlight the night before St. Patrick's Day, Leprechauns will come. They will see your empty treasure box and fill it!! ... sometimes those little mischivious guys can't help but play a few "tricks" along the way!! (it's gotta get a little old, just hanging out by a rainbow all the time, right?) So the secret is out and the word is spreading...
Every year since then we look forward to St. Patrick's day and our visit from the leprechaun's
after lots of concentration and at least an hour
after lots of concentration and at least an hour
.... the Treasure boxes
checking for moonlight
Not only did those leprechauns turn our milk green, those little rascals strung toilet paper all over the boys room. They hid the toothbrushes, put the shoes on top of the table, turned the picture frames and chairs upside down, and hung the backpacks from the ceiling!! Everywhere they went they left a trail of gold... !!
Evan and Eli made sure to wear green to bed, so that the wouldn't get a pinch on St. Patrick's Day! Evan woke me up with a big hug pratically yelling... "the leprechauns came!"
The much anticipated "treasure!"

The boys had such a hard time going to bed the night before St. Patrick's Day!! Eli heard that if you catch a Leprechaun... than they have to grant you a wish!! He told us that he really wanted a wish to come true, so he and Evan were trying to think of ways that they could "catch" one! Eli thought he had it all figured out when he suggested that they put out one of those sticky mouse traps.... but then Evan quickly shot that down because of course... the leprechaun could just untie his shoes, slip his feet out and escape!!
The boys had such a hard time going to bed the night before St. Patrick's Day!! Eli heard that if you catch a Leprechaun... than they have to grant you a wish!! He told us that he really wanted a wish to come true, so he and Evan were trying to think of ways that they could "catch" one! Eli thought he had it all figured out when he suggested that they put out one of those sticky mouse traps.... but then Evan quickly shot that down because of course... the leprechaun could just untie his shoes, slip his feet out and escape!!
we had a good laugh at all of their scheming...silly boys and oh, so cute!!





7 comments:
too cute. Can't wait to see you guys!!
I can just see Evan and Eli totally plotting their capture of the leprechaun!! hehehe. Holidays at your house are every kids dream - your boys are so lucky to have you!
You are one of the best, funnest moms ever! That is so cute and fun. I love reading your blog--it makes me want to be a mom and so excited for it!
So Stinkin' CUTE!! That puts our pot of gold to SHAME! Better luck next year! You are a darling mom, I love all the ideas.
Those little leprechauns ARE mischievous little devils, aren't they!? What a great mom you are! I'm always impressed with your ambition and creativity-- your kids will never forget that!... maybe the leprechauns will make a visit to our house next year!
On a related note, I wouldn't be opposed to hearing your easter bunny ideas sometime before Sunday, FYI. :)
It's a good thing my kids don't read blogs or they would think I was the worst mom in the word!! you are tooo cute and your ideas wow! how do you do it all Em? so fun
You are too cute!! I love the leprachan idea. I'll have to steal that one next year. Bry still doesn't get holidays... next year he'll be the perfect age I think. We saw the easter bunny at Walmart today and he didn't even care. He just looked and waved! :) I loved your enrichment too! It was gorgeous... I'm sure you're the best enrichment leader ever!! :)
Post a Comment