I am so glad that we live in a place where we get to experience all of the seasons! I love looking for the little evidences that a new season is coming. My favorite seasons are Fall and Spring. They are both the milder seasons, I guess thats why? Wait a minute though... I do love Summer and Winter for so many reasons too!.... Ok, so maybe I can't pick one over the other... I just love all the seasons!
I am a big fan of traditions and I feel that the setting in any environment completely affects the mood. For example... I can't imagine enjoying Christmas shopping without the cold, and having to be bundled up and drink hot chocolate. And I can't imagine the leaves not changing color in the fall or not inhaling the smell of harvest everytime I walk out the front door, what if flowers were around all year? I do love flowers... but my favorite thing is to see them peeking up through the cold ground in March and to see the grass change from yellow/brown to bright green.... I love the bright colors that mean it's springtime and seeing new life after a cold winter.

One of the many other reasons that I love springtime is because that is when my all time favorite candy... TA-DA... Cadbury Mini Eggs...arrive on the shelves at the local stores. The thing that's special about this candy is that they are ONLY out for Easter. I have thought about stocking up, so that I can treat myself year round, but decided against it because I really enjoy looking forward to them, not to mention the pounds I would gain if I ate them all year! I am not normally a chocolate lover... I usually like sweet candy better...but I could seriously be buried in these little chocolate morsels and never be tired of them. They are best washed down with a cold Diet Coke on the rocks, with a bendy straw... Seriously HEAVEN!!
I do have to limit myself, especially this year... eating these as much as I'd like to, I'm afraid will not help me lose the thirty pounds that are not budging since 9 months ago... I keep hoping that I'll wake up one morning and have a pre- baby body back... like SO many of my friends...but I'm sadly learning that I am not one of the lucky ones and It's gonna take a heck of a lot more than hoping... It's now two months gone by since I set my goal, and summer is quickly approaching... So I've been avoiding buying these darn (but oh, so heavenly) chocolate eggs. Then Glen sabotaged me one day last week and surprised me with a bag of them along with my favorite celebrity gossip magazine! What a sweetheart... He must like these rolls??? My first thought was "don't open them... just put them in the garbage!!" but even as I was thinking it, my fingers were tearing the bag open and it wasn't long until one (followed by nearly the entire bag!) was melting on my tongue...HEAVEN! I gave in ...and they were perfect, just as I remembered them...

Cadbury Mini Eggs are unique. While there are plenty of other candy covered chocolates...M&Ms, the Hershey's Eggs, Kissables, Jots and other imitators. There's nothing else like the Mini Eggs, Cadbury doesn't make a candy covered chocolate bean. They're even oddly shaped, irregular, more like little rounded cones than eggs, they're just such satisfying shapes.
What sets them apart from other chocolate candies at this time of years, first and foremost, is that they contain Cadbury chocolate. Cadbury is rather milky tasting, and certainly very sweet. Then it's all cloaked in this amazingly odd slightly sanded, matte shell. The shell is crunchy and has a slightly cool feel in your mouth. You can dissolve it away to get to the chocolate center, or you can crunch the whole thing together for a sweeter burst.

If you haven't tried them... DON'T!!!... you might like them as much as I do....so much that you dedicate an entire post on your blog about them... about candy... I am pathetic!!!
P.S. I did not write the last few paragraphs with the description of the candy! It is perfect so I had to add it... I bet your mouth is watering for these little pieces of heaven huh? I actually copied those descriptive paragraphs from the official Cadbury Mini Egg blog... SEE I'm not the only one who is obsessed!! I don't think I'll be joining in on their chat forum anytime soon though...s0 I'm not that pathetic right??
Enjoy!!





12 comments:
I know exactly what you mean, Em! Fun Post
These are my favorite too!! I always look forward to Easter candy, just so I can have them. :)
Emily, U crack me up!! These are my absolute most favorite candy!! I have already gone through a couple bags of them myself!! I really like the candy-coated hershey eggs too(in the blue bag). I tell ya, this is a tough Holiday for me, cause i would much rather eat candy than eat a real meal!!:)
Im glad that u are a chocolate lover, like me!!:)
love u girl!!
You are so cute! I will have to give em a try..maybe I shouldnt hu?! Happy Spring!
Oh man...I LOVE Cadbury mini eggs. They are soooo good. I've been working on a bag myself. I have to put it way up high in the top cupboard so it takes a lot of effort to get to it, otherwise I would eat it all at once. Hm, I'm going to have to go home and get some more right away... They truly are heavenly.
I LOVE mini eggs! And, I've been avoided Macey's like the plauge beacause they have them on sale 3/$5 but I have a coupon for $1.50 off. So, yep, 3/$3.50!! I can't do it... what would I do with THREE bags of eggs... oh, eat them of course!
Good new!! This past year, they started making them at Christmas time, too! At least you have them twice a year.
Oh chocolate! Shame on your hubby for bringing you a bag home! Don't they know chocolate and stay-at-home moms go together like...well...chocolate and stay-at-home moms! haha..love it!
how funny! and just so ya know they did start making them at christmas too... christmas balls i believe...
love ya!
It's me again... I broke down and got the dumb eggs! Luckily, I had three bags and gave one to Mike and Amy when we met them in North Dakota, ate one whole bag on our FREAKIN' long car ride, and put the other bag out at my Modbe Party. They didn't all get eaten but believe you me... they're gone now!!
Apparently I am the ONLY person out here who thinks that those things are seriously Nasty! I guess they are better than the real cadbury eggs, with that yucky fake yolk inside! I am almost gagging thinking about it! It is all about the sweet tart gummy bunnies! They are the easter treat I wait all year for!
Post a Comment