Saturday, March 15, 2008

Wheelies...Heelies... whatever they're called?



for several weeks Elijah had been talking about "wheelies." You know, the shoes with the wheels in them? the official name brand are called heelies and there have since been lots of knock off''s come out... anyway to Eli they are "wheelies" and he's wanted some REALLY bad for a long time... you know the story... "all my friends have them"... "I won't break my arm"... "pleeeeeeeeease"..... So I saw some on clearance at Walmart and told Eli about them. He decided that he wanted to try to earn them. If the boys complete their jobs everyday for two weeks they get their allowance of two dollars and they can also choose to work towards something special ... like going out for ice cream, or going bowling, or buying a small treat or toy at the store. the "wheelies" were not considered "something small" so Eli did extra jobs and finally earned them. Well Evan jumped on board and started thinking that they'd be pretty cool, so he worked extra and thought He'd like them too. When we got to Walmart Evan tried them on and being the cautious sweet boy that he is... he really struggled with them. I thought for sure he was going to have a bloody nose or broken wrist before we even got them out the door!! Well...Not Eli, he is such a wreckless, jumping, running fool. He put them on his feet and just -did it!!.... I was pretty impressed! So... I ended up buying them for Eli and (with some persuasion)Evan decided to pick something else and that he'd borrow them when he was feelin' crazy...I guess! so the next day Eli put gloves on "for protection, just in case" shorts because it was "SO hot" outside and a beanie because "it was windy in his ears" then he spent the afternoon with his "wheelies"


4 comments:

Shirlene said...

Cute kids! I just can imagine Eli taking off with the "Wheelies!" Wow! Be careful Eli!! Love you, Grandma Huber

Jennie said...

how fun! so cute!

hey... check out my blog...tell me what you think about my big give!

Heather said...

Livin' on the edge!! I loved the pics of Eli looking so cool in his heelie outfit and new shoes. You've sure got cute boys.

Anonymous said...

Em - you better watch out, Eli is really a daredevil!! He'll probably grow up to be some adrenaline junkie who is into extreme sports! He is such a babe!