Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The ants go marching one by one... Hurrah!!

We picked Glen up from work one afternoon in the middle of July to join us for a picnic.We went to a great new park in River Heights called Ryan's Place. it was built just a couple of years ago by the community in memory of a sweet baby boy from River Heights who fell off a house boat at Lake Powell and didn't survive. There is a wonderful tribute to him at the entrance of the park and it is really one of the neatest parks I've ever been to.
There are also some memorial tiles in one area of the park that other families laid in memory of their children who they've lost... There is just a neat feeling there and I was so touched thinking of all those families who have lost children and just how special little children are! I went away feeling so blessed for my three boys and it reminded me to enjoy every moment! Maybe I should go this park everyday for that reminder because it seems that it's too easy to take it all for granted. Life moves so fast it's not always easy to enjoy it, especially when my little boys... well... act like little boys! We had a great afternoon and I of course took way to many pictures! I admit it- I am obsessed with taking photo's of my beautiful boys.... I love every little expression and detail about them. I try to capture it on film but it's never as precious as real life!

The picnic....


The cutest baby EVER...

Play time...


2 comments:

Shirlene said...

Cute pictures. I don't think you can take too many. Sounds like a neat park!!

Becca and Kent said...

Okay, so I totally didn't realize that my last comment on your camping post was under Josh's account. :D My computer is all packed up, so I was using the family computer and I just hit publish comment without realizing. :D

Oh, and Kent told me yesterday that "your cousin Emily has the cutest baby boy I've ever seen." It's true!