I am trying to go in order and get caught up on the events of the summer... but it seems like I never get in enough "blog time" I am still trying to get caught up but I had to jump ahead a bit for an important happening last week... our sweet Evan turned NINE!! and yes, here's a sneak peak of some family photo's that we had taken over the summer too!!! I love this one of Evan,
what a handsome little man...
what a handsome little man...
Sometimes as a blogger it can be time consuming and difficult too to write all the thoughts I have about the people that I love in this world, I've been thinking lately that I need to just make my tribute posts and all posts in general shorter.... I tend to explain every detail and ramble on and on about things.... I know it's a problem.... but I love having the opportunity to sit down and think about this little boy of mine... My heart is too full to give all the details about why I love the birthday boy but here it is in a nutshell...nine little tidbits that help to make up this special boyHappy Birthday Evan!!!!
1. Evan is tenderhearted, always has been! He worries about other people and is very protective of his family, especially his little brothers. I think he worries more about Gabe than I do. he says "MOM! watch Gabe so he doesn't fall off that chair" or "MOM! you better cut that smaller, because Gabe could choke" He naturally knows how to take care of others. He is in tune to other people's feelings and reaches out to them. He sees a need and quickly helps!! to put it simply, he is a sweetheart!!
2. Evan is so smart... He has an incredible memory and learning comes very easy for him. He loves to read and every year his teachers say... "I wish I had a class full of Evan's" Evan likes to please adults and has respect for them. Once I asked his teacher if he was as bossy at school as he is at home and she said "He is not "bossy" He is a leader." I realized then that it's all how you look at it and now I see that bossy trait, that he gets from me, as a strength! He is a rule follower... just a good boy!
3. Evan loves nutter butter crackers, ice cream, hamburgers, and cold cereal! He doesn't like potatoes, tomatoes, peaches, cheese, and oranges....or anything spicy...just to name a few!
4. Evan likes to snow ski, play sports, ride bikes, swim, cook, go camping, play with his cousins, and he adores his DAD!! He is not real fond on animals, (especially dogs) or heights, (no tree climbing or rock walls for him!)
5. Evan wants to be a semi-truck driver when he grows up :) He wants to attend BYU for college with his cousin Claire and play football for them while she is a cheerleader (seriously he came up with this all on his own....?)
6. Evan is very interested in learning sign language. He knows how to sign the alphabet, colors, a few short phrases and most foods.
7. Evan loves to watch "dancing with the stars!" The last few years every time his cousin Claire visits from California they have a dance show where they dress up in "fancy clothes" and they practice for hours... then they sell tickets and do a performance... and seriously it the cutest thing I've ever seen! They have this intense look on their faces and it seriously brings tears to my eyes... it's so cute! He is a special little boy... I am so glad that he's not one of those rough rowdy boys... he reminds me of my brother Steven, who is one of the most compassionate men I know, he reminds me of Glen too... He will make a wonderful father and husband one day... the world needs more sensitive loving MEN!!
8. Evan likes to draw pictures of army scenes... tanks, battle ground maps, fighter jets, etc... he loves to play "army guys" with Eli and his cousins. Evan also loves to play games as a family old Maid, connect four, Monopoly, Go Fish... He has been playing football this fall and loves it. he also really likes soccer, basketball, and baseball. He plays sports "smart" He is always one of the best players on his teams!!
9. I went on a field trip a couple of weeks ago with Evan's class up Logan canyon. I figured that now that he's in third grade and NINE years old that he'd probably just leave me to help his teacher and he'd be off with his friends but I was pleasantly surprised that he insisted on sitting by me on the bus and that everywhere we walked he held my hand! He even sat by me for lunch... As he's getting older I am beginning to realize that moments like those will probably become more rare!!! I wonder how much longer he is going to want to hold my hand and sit by me instead of his friends... I wish it was forever and sometimes I wish I could just freeze the hands of time for awhile!!
It is our tradition on birthdays to talk about the day that they were born. We get out the scrapbook and pictures and remember all the details about what a wonderful day it was that each of our boys finally arrived! They usually sit there with big grins on their faces feeling so special, as we talk about the weather that day, the doctor and nurses, their first cry and soft downy hair. Their wrinkly toes and velvet skin...they love this tradition!! I know that of course the birthday presents are the real highlight for them though. But for me, this remembering is my favorite. I love to look back at pictures of them as sweet babies, and to reflect on the feelings I had about each of them as I held them for the first time, so fresh from Heaven! We are so blessed to have Evan in our family and we love him so much!!!
Happy Birthday Buddy!!





4 comments:
We all love Evan! Happy Birthday last week buddy! Em, I need to call you so we can chat! :)
We always smile when we remember the camping trip that Evan caught a fish and was so relieved because he said, "Now I can feed my whole family!" My mom and I are so impressed by how caring and thoughtful he is. He always wants to take care of everyone. His wife will sure appreciate that someday!!
We think Evan is pretty special too! Ditto to all you said!! Evan, I'm sure you had a great birthday. Wish we were closer to be together more. Know that we love you so much!!
Happy late Birthday Bud!! Sorry we missed it!! Hopefully we will get to see u soon!!:)
Post a Comment