Saturday, November 15, 2008

Happy Birthday !!


Last year was the big THREE-FIVE for Glen. I had recently started this blog and was excited to have a way to give him a tribute and to tell all the world... well, at least some of it anyway... why the Birthday Boy was so Special!! I wrote a straight from the heart list of 35 things that I love about him!! Well... I've been wondering what is different but just as nice as a list of 35 things that you love about someone? 36 things? I thought about adding one more thing to the list each year? maybe I should hit 100? (heaven knows that still doesn't even come close to covering it!) I thought about making a little (yeah right!) video of some of my favorite memories with him?? I even thought about recording myself and professing my love and devotion to him? Hmmmm...There are lots of really great things that I should have done but I am not in creative mode and only have a few minutes to do SOMETHING on this blog??? So here goes, after very little creativity I thought I'd just refer you to my older posts (specifically his birthday last year) if your interested in knowing what a great catch that I think Glen is! If you know me at all, it is no secret how I feel about the Birthday Boy though!! I'm just going to share a few of my favorite things about my husband that are most near and dear to my heart lately!!

We recently moved, leaving a place that we LOVED!! We had wonderful friends there, I loved the great shopping, my fun calling in church, visits to look forward to back and forth with my family, Glen's VERY flexible job, etc... We love that we are now closer to more of our family and we love this area but honestly this move has been a bit hard. I think it's more the timing than anything!! Glen is always positive. Sometimes to the point of annoying! :) He Never complains about anything or anyone... he has a way of changing things around so that it's impossible to see what was wrong in the first place... He always tries to get me to laugh when I'm down in the dumps... it drives me crazy, because it usually works.... I like to think I'm not too pessimistic, but I know that Glen is my saving grace... he keeps me looking ahead and HAPPY!!

ok maybe I should just make a new list?? See how I can go on and on...

NO, not enough time... I will just get to the point... Basically...I'm pregnant, cranky, tired, have been yucky sick recently, change is hard, the economy stresses me out, a church calling in Primary with a 15-17 month old running around with no nap is hard and feels pointless, Christmas is in the back of my mind and coming quickly, I really wanted to lose about 25 pounds BEFORE I got pregnant again, I have nothing to wear... you get the picture... all about ME!! Man, maybe I am a pessimist?? I definitely have been lately!! Well my dear sweet husband, the Birthday Boy... HIS life is all about me lately too! He is my friend especially when I have been lonely. He never complains when he comes home from work to a messy house, no dinner, and his wife laying on the couch... NEVER! He has been making dinner, bathing Gabe, totally doing the bedtime routine, I can't stay awake past 9:00 Pm because of the whole pregnant- tired thing! He stays up late cleaning! I wake up EVERY MORNING to a clean kitchen!! he's been doing the dishes EVERY NIGHT because he knows how they nauseate me!!! He picks up all of my slack, and it's a lot lately!! He has been the best support. So kind!!- he always is, and I'm not exaggerating...but it just means so much right now because I feel so guilty for letting all my responsibilities go to pot as a wife and mother, and the fact that he refuses to see it that way... makes me the luckiest girl in all the world!! He has been the dad and the mom and he still likes me through all the hard times... that is true love! And I just want him to know that he is my true love too! I am so so lucky that I talked him into marrying me! And all this is just one more example of why this Birthday boy is SO special!!
Happy Birthday Baby!!

Below are just a few of my favorite pictures because I think they say a lot...

me and Glen in Hawaii 2005. Not the best photo of me (all naturell...) but it reminds me of how wonderful it was to be alone together, late night walks on the beach, swimming in the ocean all day, exploring together.... It was one of the best times we've had !!
Glen loves babies... not just ours... no, any baby!!
Here he is with Gabe on the day that he was born! Lots of guys like little kids, I know, but not many love babies. Glen does. He has gotten up in the middle of the night for months with all of our babies to give them a bottle when they are new born. I loved hearing him talk to them, soothe them and sing them back to sleep! He looked forward to those quiet times at night alone with our babies... Seriously, what a sweetheart!

Easter 2007- Rolling Easter eggs as a family! Glen loves his family and doing fun traditions together! He makes anything that we do more FUN!
Glen is thee BEST dad! When we told everyone that we were having a third boy (Gabe) My sister told me that the news was great! She said you have the perfect husband for a bunch of sons!! It is so true! Glen is a boy at heart. He loves to play games, set up train tracks, marble roller coaster runs, build Lego cities, play G.I. Joe adventures, etc... He is my boys favorite playmate.

Glen and Evan playing football 2005
Glen built this fort out of a cardboard box and they played cops and robbers for hours
2004
The boys love to curl up and read a good book with their dad. he is a great teacher, always explaining things and making sure they understand!
Glen teaching Eli how to ride a bike (2004). He is SO patient!!
This is one of my favorite pictures of my handsome BOYS!! Easter Sunday 2008

So I guess this years Birthday tribute sort of turned into a modge podge of.... things I love about Glen, pictures and favorite memories too! I'm sure you get the general idea... I love this Birthday Boy and anyone who knows him can't help but love him too!
We are so lucky to have him!!
Happy Birthday Glen-o!!
XOXO!!

P.S. Happy Birthday today to our two cute nieces Emily Ruth who's 14 and little Ruby Jane who is two. I think you picked a pretty special uncle to share your day with!! Love you!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Glen-o! We love you! You are like an older (and sometimes annoying) brother to me, and Ruby loves her unca glen! Hope you have great day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday bro! I love what Emily writes about you - because all of it is totally true. She is not even exagerating! I'll always remember when we went to Grandpa's funeral without our spouses and I had Maddie and Jake with me. You stayed in the hotel room with me and helped with the kids - and acted like you enjoyed it! I totally will always remember that. That, and many many other times (doing our sprinklers, etc. etc.) Thanks for being such a great example and great big brother! I love you!

Alleman Family said...

What a cute tribute to your hubby! You are so creative. I'm so sad that you've been so sick. Not fun at all! Can we get together sometime during the day? Bry would love to play with Gabe or after school with your boys!

Debbie Jones said...

I second everything Carrie wrote. I sure love you too Glen. What a great husband, father and brother etc.. you are! What a great example to all! I still remember that day in Aspen grove when Drake was 3 or 4 and Mike had already gone home, and I was so close to smacking him and there came my brother to save me(or him I should say), I had just had it. You were so patient and took Drake for me. There's been numerous times like these and I can't thank you enough! You are such an unselfish guy and that's what I love about you, always trying to help someone in need! I love you bro! Happy Birthday!

byebyedays said...

Happy Birthday Glen! Em, what a great couple you two make. Keep up the fun times together... I'm sure he had a fabulous day!

byebyedays said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

Em-
You are soo cute! I love the way you are with your words! Girl...I missed the part about you being a new mummy...how did I miss it?! CONGRATS! I am so excited for you! YaY! You make the best looking boys! I will never forget the way I felt when I met Evan in primary. I knew I wanted a son just like him. He really is a wonderful boy, this new baby is sooo lucky to come to your family. What a blessing! xoxo

ps Your hooter hider is here, and ready! I will get it to you ;) thank you soo much for letting me use it! I couldnt have lived w/o it!

jkhuber said...

I'm getting all choked up! Happy Birthday Glen (a little late)! You are a great older brother too - I've got lots of great memories with you. Love you! John

Jennie said...

happy birthday glen! what a great couple you both are!