Monday, November 24, 2008

Peace of Mind

My friend forwarded this video to me today and I have watched it several times. It brings me lots of peace of mind. I have overwhelming feelings of joy and love and excitement about being a mother but every time I am pregnant, always in the back of my mind is the fear about what a great responsibility it is!! I often wonder if I am doing enough to help my children to realize the special things that they are here to accomplish! I want them to be descent good people who are happy and strong and stand up for what is right! Sounds more simple than it is :) For some reason when I get pregnant I get an abundance of "worry juices" along with my influx in hormones! ...the election, prop 8 passing in California and the havoc that has stirred up, the downward spiral the economy is taking.... it just feels scary sometimes to be raising a family in the world today!! I am so grateful for the daily reminders that there are many GOOD things all around! This video clip is just what I needed and is another evidence to me of the reality of tender mercy's!! Neal A. Maxwell gave this talk THIRTY years ago!! Did people know back then that what he was talking about was really going to be happening so soon?? We are given instruction and guidance TODAY by living prophets! The gospel can bring us the peace and hope and strength that we need! what a tremendous blessing it is to know that we are being watched out for, that there are many good people in this world, and that if we do all that we can... everything will work out!! There is no need to worry!! I am grateful for this Thanksgiving week and the opportunity that we have to celebrate our freedoms and our blessings....
they are countless!!!!
(don't forget to pause my music player so that you can hear this clip)


7 comments:

byebyedays said...

It's definitely a scary time. I'm so grateful for our Prophet, and our wonderful church authorities. We are so blessed to have the peace of the Gospel. I love Neil M. Maxwell, he's such an amazing leader. Thanks for that great clip.:)

Barbi Mecham said...

Thanks for sharing Em! I needed to hear that. I am grateful for our Prophet. What a blessing to have such great counsel.
You are amazing lady. No worries!

Alleman Family said...

That was an amazing clip! Thanks so much for sharing. Hope you're doing great! When do you find out what you're having?

Emily said...

I am 4 months along (16 weeks) and I find out on the 16th of December whether we're going to keep the boy trend going or switch it up a bit and get a girl?? I am dying to know!!! I just switched doctors and things are going so well!! "I'm back" after all those weeks of nausea and blah! It shut off completely around 14 weeks... hallelujah!!!

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennie said...

happy thanksgiving! so much to be grateful for! have a great day!

Alleman Family said...

It's just me again. I was just updating my Christmas card list... will you email me your address? Thanks so much!
tifinifany@yahoo.com