Wednesday, November 12, 2008

World Famous Chef...

Evan received this chef hat and apron sewn with love from my mom for his birthday, along with an Easy Bake Oven!! He has been wanting an Easy Bake Oven for about two year now. Last year they were all recalled and not for sale anywhere due to a safety hazard. I thought he'd forget about it but as soon as they were back on the shelves and for sale this year, that's what was at the top of his birthday wish list!!

Evan's interest in cooking comes from the encouragement of my mom! She is so good at teaching my boys how to cook and bake, anything with Grandma is always more fun, right?! I have been trying to be better about having them help me make things too... I remember when I was little, loving to measure and pour and stir and then to taste the finished product that I actually had a part in, was great!! I wish it was still so exciting to cook!! I asked Evan why he wanted an Easy bake Oven and with a sparkle in his eye he said "because mom, then I can bake a cake all by myself anytime that I'm hungry for one!" I could just see him imagining endless mountains of cakes just for him to eat !!!... He even wore this cute little set to career day at school with a badge that said "world famous chef" So he's gone from dreams as a semi- truck driver (since he was about three years old) to a chef...We shall see??



We captured his first experience using the East Bake Oven oven on film! Of course, I couldn't resist what a cute little chef he makes!! Eli was his assistant...

First step... plug in the oven for preheat and coat the pan with cooking spray.

Every good chef follows the recipe
(well ok, the really GOOD chef's just make it up as they go...)

Next pour the mix into a bowl. Add a little water

Then spread the mix into the pan. Slide the pan into the oven. Cook for 8-10 minutes

While it's cooking, prepare the frosting by adding water to the dry mix.

once the cake is cooled spread frosting over the top and don't forget the sprinkles!!

Ta-Da!!!
a perfect little cake.... and a proud little chef!

Everyone was anxiously awaiting a taste of the finished product... Tea party style:)

Gabe thinks it's pretty tasty!!
The Chef gives it a thumbs up!!!

The real test came when we loaded into the car and drove to Great Grandma Evan's house
( about a week before she passed away) Evan saved her a little sliver and took one for my mom who was there too!! He was so proud when they both said it looked lovely and that they couldn't wait to try it!! Evan has made some cookies and another cake and is anxiously waiting to try a pizza next!!

3 comments:

Shirlene said...

What a cute chef! It looks like you did a great job!

Barbi Mecham said...

Sydney was wanting one of those as well. Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

I remembering spending hours playing with our minibake ovens when we were little, there is something so appealing about little tiny cakes and cookies! Your table looks fantastic, I am so impressed and thinking now maybe I'll have to fix mine up a little! Your boys are so sweet!