Sunday, November 9, 2008

Witches, spiders, pumpkins....spooky

Gabe is at such a fun age!! He'll be 18 months on the 11th. He is talking like crazy and has just started putting three words together. Some of his most common are... "no thank you" and "go away Eli" He speaks very clearly and it's fun to ask him to say anything and he can!! When I started pulling out the Halloween decorations this year Gabe started to get very concerned. I took him to Target awhile back and was showing him all of the talking pumpkins and goblins for sale and he was so nervous. I didn't think he'd get the whole spooky thing but he definitely does!! We have this childrens Halloween pop up book that he is terrified of... I opened it a few times and he would cover his ears (???) and run away. He is also pretty nervous about our large Halloween spider decorations and the skeleton. The first few days he'd say "move guy" because he wanted me to put it away! Now he likes him and calls him "telton." He carries him all around the house, even giving him rides in the doll stroller!! I also have this giant book of witches spells and potions. When you open the cover there is just a big spot to put candy in but each time it opens some creepy witch says several phrases and laughs... Gabe figured out there was candy inside so he always wanted to open the book for a piece but was torn because he was so scared of the "witch inside!" Anyway it was pretty funny to see him so interested in Halloween stuff but hesitant at the same time... He keeps us laughing all the time and is pretty much completely adored around here!! It seems like every time I finally remember to video him I just can't get the perfect performance. But here is a little piece of some of his cute Halloween words. of course he wouldn't say Happy Halloween like he usually does and there is no evidence of his cute "trick a treat" but it will have to do! My favorite is his impression of what a witch says....
( don't forget to pause my music player so that you can hear his cute sounds!)






8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That video is priceless! I love his cute little voice, he is so smart! "Punkin, punkin, punkin," I especially love how he repeats everything, at least three times! Ruby and I cannot wait to give him hugs and kisses!

Brian Owens said...

Sooo sweet! They fill our days with such treats, don't they?!

Korine said...

He is ADORABLE Emily!!!! I can't believe how old he looks! And talking!!! I guess it is time for a NEW one! Congratulations, you aren't that far behind me. I love the way you announced it with the "mummy". You're too cute! So don't forget to add me to your list. After I read your post about privacy, I found the report on KSL. Crazy stuff. I don't think I'll last much longer being public either. I love your blog and all the cute updates! korinecard@gmail.com

Korine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbi Mecham said...

Oh Em ~ he is so precious. I can't believe how much he is talking! I love to watch and listen to him. He brings such a smile to my face!

I haven't been to Sam's Club for a month now, since Owen is terrified of all the spooky stuff in there. He cries and clings to me the entire shopping trip. Gotta love it.

Becca and Kent said...

Oh my goodness. He is SO cute. That little voice--and his witch imitation. Ah! So cute. Are you sure you don't ever get tired of him? Because I'll drive all the way down there to take him home for me and Kent to play with and take care of.

Shirlene said...

We loved the video! What a cute, precious little boy! It was so much fun to see the Halloween pictures too. Love you all!!

Sunny Jo said...

SO cute Em!! I LOVE him!! Im so glad u remembered to video tape him, I always forget to get mine out, thanks for the reminder!!