It was such a nice night for trick or treating! You never know with the crazy weather here!! I have many memories of trudging through snow on Halloween night... but this year it was very nice! Still too cold though for Gabe's thin ninja suit and it's no fun to wear a coat over your costume, I used to hate that!!! So I pulled out this old frog suit that belonged to
Evan thinking it would have to do and I fell in love with my cute baby as a frog!! We quickly taught him to say "ribbit" and to hop around like a frog. He loved looking in the mirror at himself! and I especially loved when he'd say "bibbit bibbit" "Babe (Gabe) fwog "
cute little boys
Evan thinking it would have to do and I fell in love with my cute baby as a frog!! We quickly taught him to say "ribbit" and to hop around like a frog. He loved looking in the mirror at himself! and I especially loved when he'd say "bibbit bibbit" "Babe (Gabe) fwog "
cute little boys

Grandma and Grandpa always give out yummy drinks... a nice change from candy!!
isn't he cute?... pretty irresistable if you ask me!! He held tight to his pumpkin and LOVED getting "Halloween" his new word for candy??

We went to our first trunk or treat this year! It was in our church parking lot and I have to say I didn't love it!! It seemed so impersonal and quick. Most of the kids didn't even say "trick or treat" they just walked by in big groups holding their bags open for candy. I was hoping more people would have decorated their cars too!! Lots of people say they love it because it's fast and easy and you just get it done and go home... what??? I like Holiday's more than most people I guess... I just remember the good old days where Halloween was one big day filled with excitement and fun. Now it last about 2 weeks with carnivals, costume parades 13 times, tons of candy and treats and parties... that's all fun... but I think that by the time Halloween rolls around everyone is just tired of it and so that's why they want to do this trunk or treat thing and get home and done quickly!! I thought trunk or treats were for people in big cities, spread out who don't know their neighbors... Anyway, next year I think we'll avoid the trunk thing and go back to the traditional fun of Halloween
(I'm a bit onery and hormonal, can you tell??:)
Glen did a great job of cranking up our Halloween CD on the stereo
and spooking out the trunk too!! ...Maybe it was just strange because we're new here and most of the people who were there we didn't really know? I was just thinking it would be different
than it was... I guess?
My boys have this tradition when we get home on Halloween night!! They dump out all the loot, separate it into "categories" line it up seeing who can make the longest train, count it,
and trade it!
That's a lot of candy!!!... We decided this year that the boys could choose a few pieces everyday... at this rate it will last till next Halloween!! I gotta get rid of it though before I hit the feel good part of my pregnancy (I thought I was there ... but it only lasted about a day)






3 comments:
oh my gosh, I totally did that same thing with my sister!! We would lay them all out into catergories, then we would do the trade thing!! LOVE IT!! :)
Im so sorry that ur feeling crappy again!! Hopefully it will get better soon!!
Love ya!!
how cute your boys are!
i agree with you on the trunk or treating thing... and i don't even have kids!
WHAT YOU ARE PREGO?!?!?!?!
how did I miss that?
when i read hormonal i thought maybe that's what you meant and then then you said it at the end... AHHH congrats!!!!!!
I agree about trunk or treat and I've never even been to one!
Post a Comment