On KSL channel five news last night they did this special report on blogs! I saw it advertised during the week and was anxious to watch it... and deep down I knew what they were going to say. I fight the private thing because I like to check out other people's blogs and find old friends that way and I know lots of extended family checks in every once in awhile too and old friends but I justified it saying that I am careful with the info that I give out... blah blah... but I now realize that you can never bo too careful and it's pretty important to protect my family and our privacy! I am not easily freaked out but after watching what several families here in Utah have had to deal with because of their blog. I decided that it is just smarter and more safe to know who is checking out our family. According to the news... There really are no laws yet to protect people from things that can happen on the internet. Some of the dangers that they mentioned specifically were... people taking photos off your blog and distorting them and using them on other sites, having count downs to baby due dates or family vacations, photo's of the inside of homes, last names and birthdays... etc... just an easy target for wierdo's or identity theft.... SO.... anyway we are making our blog PRIVATE and if you want to keep checking out our blog just leave your email address in the comments and I'll send you an invitation! Even if I may not really know you, but you check our blog every once in awhile.... just let me know who you are and that your not too crazy and I'll email you!
Hopefully we'll be private sometime in the next few weeks!!
P.S. due to computer trouble when we moved I lost lots of email addresses from my girls in Lehi! so even though you may think I have your email, I may not... so send them my way and lets keep in touch!!!
Hopefully we'll be private sometime in the next few weeks!!
P.S. due to computer trouble when we moved I lost lots of email addresses from my girls in Lehi! so even though you may think I have your email, I may not... so send them my way and lets keep in touch!!!





31 comments:
here's my email ktjyoung@gmail.com I have been having that personal battle too....it is a hard decision to make.
You better not forget about your little sis! xoxo
I have debated this and debated this in my mind forever. I think it is a good idea. Make sure you add me too. carrie@hubernet.com
jynjon19@yahoo.com- I'll need yours to, you've convinced me.
I saw that on the news too, it made me think about going private too. I love seeing what you are up to.
hollycressall@hotmail.com
Here's my blog email: heaterkay@hotmail.com
Please include me in your invitations. I've also thought about going private. I still ahven't decided, though.
Hi Emily~I'm Sunny's mom and I have followed your blog for awhile now.I get LOTS of cute ideas from you for my own family and grand children. I always tell Sunny what a cute Mom you are. You always have fun ideas & Traditions. I to saw that about blogs on KSL last night and have told all my friends and neighboors and Ward members to watch that report, and to be careful! My e-mail is jolleycrew@yahoo.com Thanks~ Kim~
P.S. Sunny called me today to tell me she is pregnant with baby # 3~ due in JulY!!!
Count us in!
Oh no Em, I've been thinkin about this ever since I started blogging. I even DID go private for a while. I changed back because some of my family members couldn't log in with a username and password, so I went back for them...But, I've come across SO MANY people since I took it back off of private. So I hate to go private again, but I hate the thought of some weirdo getting a hold of our identities even MORE. Let's face it, it's SAFER! Keeping our families safe is the #1~ Thanks!
I meant to watch that, but fell asleep first! I have also considered going private and probably will soon. It is good to stay safe! micah.l.wright@gmail.com is our address and we would love to stay in touch!
Hey Emily-
I saw that story on the news the other night and I was actually going to do the same thing!!! It scared me. Anyway my email address is alisha.straley@aggiemai.usu.edu
Emily!! Congrats on your new addition. So exciting! You SO need a little girl... but, you already have the boy thing down so well! Either way... they are so lucky to have you as a mom. I'd love to be added to your list so I can keep in touch! tifinifany@yahoo.com
I am in! I will be following in your footsteps soon. Isn't it sad that we have to worry about such things!
barbidawn@hotmail.com
you dont' know me, but I am Tiffany Alleman's cousin. I have been following your blog for a while off Tiffany's page because your family ALWAYS seems to be doing such fun things..and you have so many awesome traditions. You look familiar...I'm a nurse too so maybe we've met at some point. If it's okay, I would like to be added to your list. my email is medranofamily@q.com. I promise I'm not a weirdo. :) My blog is public now..but I think I will make mine private too. Thanks.
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!! That is wonderful news! Will be exciting to see you if get a little girl or another wonderful little boy. Our email address is owesters7@live.com I have thought about the private thing, can't make up my mind yet. You will have to let us know how it goes.
I check your blog occassionaly- and would love to be invited. calistoddard@gmail.com
I missed the news, but I think i'll look it up online...sounds scary. Here's my Email leavitt5@digis.net
You don't even know me but I frequent your blog every now and then. You have such a cute family. I'm not sure how I even landed on your blog. My blog is private too, I just like feeling a little safer. I commented a long time ago to invite to mine but it could have been when you were having computer trouble. So here is my e-mail coldav1@msn.com. I'd love to be invited to your blog and also if you'll give me your e-mail I'll invite you to mine so you can see we're not TOO strange. Congratulations on being a MUMMY!
Hi Emily, I check your blog out every once in awhile and would love to keep posted on your cute family. Everyone changes so fast! Congratulations on #4!
tmranch99@yahoo.com
-Melissa Yeates-
Totally understand the whole privacy thing. : ) I love looking at your blog, my e-mail is kidzbe@hotmail.com
don't forget me!!! julie.jenkins@gmail.com
you might want to make your comments private so wierdos can't get all our email addys :)
Dont forget us too!! Love u!!
Dont forget us too!! Love u!!
You don't know me either but I sent you a comment a couple months ago about how cute your ideas were that you did with your boys! I promise I'm not crazy and would like to keep up with all of your cute ideas. Especially when the holiday's come. My email is ewilson386@yahoo.com. Thanks Emily! Oh and congrats on baby #4!!
count me in!
jenniejlittle@yahoo.com
thanks!
Cousin Solinda... a.me.solinda@gmail.com
We went private too, I hope I had your email address to invite you, but if not, please get it to me. Mine is hmayoung@gmail.com
xoxo
I love your blog, so hopefully you'll feel like you don't need to keep it private from me! What kind of a world do we live in anyway?! Sheesh.
bsebalfan1@yahoo.com
Don't forget me.
Will you add us to the list?
acgrahamfam@gmail
thanks - cally
I don't know whether you decided not to go private, but if you do, please send me an invite! laurita33(at)gmail(dot)com.
Post a Comment