Tuesday, December 16, 2008

And the Big News Is....

Glen met me at my doctors office this morning for my appointment... the much anticipated ultra sound!! We were so happy to learn that everything looked great as far as development and health concerning our baby. The Ultrasound tech was so nice and very informative about each little part. We told her that we had three boys already and it took me off guard when she said "well, it looks like it's 4 for 4." For a second I had no idea what she was referring to and then suddenly it all clicked about the time she said "those are definitely boy parts!"
So there you have it....
It's a BOY!
I have been gearing myself up for this news my entire pregnancy... not that It's hard news by any means! It just feels a little mediocre like "oh, OK another boy"... not that jumping off the walls kind of excitement that is so anticipated... I am very excited though!! Yes, I believe that every mom should have a daughter... as you know I am very close to my mom and to my sisters... girls are just that way, more than boys are! So there is a part of me that longs for that girl thing...but in the same instant that I say that I also have such a strong conviction that this fourth boy is the little person that is supposed to come to our family... a gift from heaven... and I am already head over heels in love with our baby boy!

When Evan and Eli walked in the door after school I greeted them by covering them in blue confetti as I yelled "surprise!" Eli nonchanlanlty said "I knew it was going to be a brother" and Evan threw his arms around me and said"I was hoping for a sister but another brother will be perfect!" Then they both came in chattering about how "boys rule" and chanting
"four brothers, oh, ya" four brothers oh ya" They were excited about the blue streamers and blue ballons everywhere and quickly unwrapped the blue candy canes that I set out by the little note shown above!!


Here's Gabriel enjoying the news of a baby brother....
I had the boys help me put these little bundles of blue candy canes together and then deliver them with a note sharing the news that we're getting a new baby boy!
I decided that since there are going to be so many boys around here that we better celebrate the evening by having a "man meal" I invited my parents and my brother and his family over and we all sat around cracking peanuts, drinking root beer and watching football!! For dinner we had hot dogs smothered in ketchup, mustard and relish, tater-tots, fruit, and veggies (those last two are not so manly, but necessary for a healthy diet, right?)
For dessert we had famous Aggie Ice cream... Mmmmm my favorite kind
Aggie Blue mint!!
A new little boy to cuddle and love
To spoil just a little and think the world of
A bundle from heaven to simply adore,
Having him with us- who could ask for more!!

We are so happy to annouce that the newest Huber will be a precious baby boy!!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys have the cutest boys!! I am very excited for you! Can't wait to see you - so soon! You look super!!

Emily said...

How exciting!! Your boys are always so handsome and you take such good care of them. You are a lucky mom!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hooray for boys and blue! You should have eight...at least!!! Emily, your boys are the sweetest most special little men, and it is because you are such an amazing momma! I don't know if you know this, but you really have a special way of raising those boys! I love to imagine your house in the future, full of big burly boys who will always be momma's boy's at heart! What a lucky little guy to be joining your family! We can't wait to meet him and spoil him rotten! I couldn't be happier for you! I wish we could have been there for your "manly" party, it looked like so much fun! I guess we had better start shopping... you are half way there!

Brian Owens said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I love your blue celebration! Four little boys, how perfect! I agree with all the other comments as well. Thanks for sharing your news! Such happy news!

Alleman Family said...

CONGRATS!! You are so lucky to have another HEALTHY Baby BOY!! I think it's a miracle every time a baby is born healthy... with all that can go wrong we are so lucky to have healthy, happy kids! What a fun party you guys had... looks like a VERY manly night... except of course for the veggies! :)

Toni said...

Congrats, you almost have the making of a first string basketball team. By the way your house is so super cute, and I love the blue party, I will have to remember that one.

Julie said...

YEAH. You are so fun!!! you turn everything into a party. I wish I was more like that. oh well I'll just copy your cute ideas. so keep posting them!!!!
congrats!!!!!

Heather said...

YaY! I am so excited for you, and your cute family! If I would have known BoYS were this FuN, I would have had 10! I LoVe baby BoYs, and yours are the cutest ever! ConGrauLaTioNS!!

xoxo

Murray Ohana said...

Rebecca and Kent told us your news...they are here celebrating their anniversary. Congratulations!!! You will have so much fun with another boy!
Love, the Murrays

Colette said...

What a fun way to celebrate the news! You have such cute boys it looks like you are meant to have another one!

Jamie W. said...

What cute Ideas you have. Love the all blue theme. And especially the MAN MEAL. You are one great mom to all those boys.
Congrats on another boy how exciting.

Shirlene said...

Congratulations! We are excited to have another "Huber" in the family. You guys are a great family for boys!! I know you would love a little girl, but you are so wonderful with your darling little boys!! Love to you all!!

Sunny Jo said...

I know I already sent u a message, but I just have to tell u how excited I am for u again!! Your boys are so lucky to have u as a mom!! Your the best!! Love u!!

byebyedays said...

CONGRATS! That's so fun, you have EVERYTHING for him already!:) I CAN'T BELIEVE he'll be #4! That's so neat Em, your such a great little mom!

jkhuber said...

Yea! We love boys and since you make such cute ones, might as well have another! Congratulations!

Jennie said...

congrats! you are such a good mom! you make every moment special and cherished! i want to be like you when i grow up!

Jennie said...

Merry Christmas!

Heather said...

I don't think you know how to do anything halfway, Emily. You make everything so fun. Congratulations on the boy. He's coming to a super family.