
My sister Julie has a baby girl named Ruby. I have been in love with this girl before I even met her... that's just how aunts are! When Julie was pregnant she had a bit of a scare during her 20 week ultra sound... I'll skip all the medical terms but basically they thought there was a good chance that her baby would have down syndrome. Julie called me trying to be brave as she explained how happy they were that it was a girl and that no matter what further testing showed it would all be the way it was meant to be. At that moment my heart just burst with love for my unborn baby niece... we all prayed and hoped, but knew that things would be what they were supposed to be. I know that the extra concern we felt for her created a special bond with this little girl who was born PERFECT in every way! I was 5 months pregnant with Gabe when I first met Ruby... she was tiny and beautiful and had perfect features... she made me so excited for when my baby would arrive! She and Julie stayed in Utah at my mom's house for almost two months and we all really bonded with sweet Ruby!! anyway so you get the general idea... I absolutely adore this little girl. We always look forward to her visits, my boys love to treat her like a little queen and she thinks the world of them too! She and Gabe have become not only kissing cousins but the best of friends and it is so fun to have them so close in age.

I've never met a girl quite like Ruby Jane... she has this quirky little personality, perfect vocabulary with a high pitched voice, and she is full to the top with love! She is sensitive and motherly and full of spunk too!! She is quite the entertainer and just a funny silly girl! anyway, she loves to give hugs and kisses to Gabe and to hold his hand. At the beginning of this visit from Ruby Gabe was just not quite sure what else to do but to let her maul him, but as time went by, he learned that when he saw her running towards him with her arms outstretched saying "I hug Gabe" "come ere Gabriel" that meant to run away... he's quick but she is pretty persistent and usually won out and planted several kisses on him anyway! She loves to wear lip gloss and learned how to untwist the caps when she was like nine months old... so most days Gabe had "lip shine" or pink kiss marks all over his head... despite all this, every morning while she was in town Gabe asked about her and couldn't wait to go to grandma's house to be with Ruby. They've become the best of friends and since she's gone home he still asks about her almost everyday. There is not much better than having cousins!!
1 comment:
Awwwwwww, they were the cutest thing together! Your making me get all teary-eyed! Ruby is so lucky to have you for an auntie, I know that you love her like one of your own! It breaks my heart to see them together, if only they could spend everyday together! Ruby has been missing Gabe so much, and I can tell that she has been so lonesome and bored without her little buddy. She talks about him non-stop and gets so excited when she sees him on the blog! I hope they will always be best of friends, hopefully it won't be too long before we see you all again!
Post a Comment