Friday, January 9, 2009

Lemon Bars

Mmmmm.... doesn't that picture just make you want one??
Ok...I know this is a totally random post but I am pregnant so just bear with me and hopefully give me a little feed back ok? I LOVE good lemon bars and I've been wanting one for...well awhile! but the trouble is unless they are the "good ones" they taste sort of like raw eggs?? and I just need a really good lemon bar... So... anybody have a favorite lemon bar recipe or better yet know of a local shop where I can just buy one??

6 comments:

byebyedays said...

Jon's mom is the GREATEST cook, and she LOVES anything lemon~ I'll get you a good recipe.:) I know how you pregnant women NEED WHAT YOU WANT!:)

Becca and Kent said...

That's pretty funny. I don't have any ideas about where to find lemon bars, but good luck!

Brian Owens said...

emily,
Brian is a BIG lemon bar fan too and he thought these were good. VERY lemony!

2 C. flour
1/2 C. pdr. sugar
1 C. butter, melted
dash of salt

Mix the above together until moist but crumbly. Press into 9X13 pan & bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.

While that is baking mix the following:
4 eggs, beaten
2 C. sugar
1/4 C. flour
6-8 T. lemon juice

Pour this mixture over the baked crust. Bake again for another 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar & refridgerate before cutting. Note: Real lemon juice makes a big difference.

Hope you find a good recipe to satisfy that craving! :)

Emily said...

Thanks so much Jen for taking the time to leave this recipe for me... I have seen several out there, but I am sort of picky about my lemon bars I've eaten good ones but just haven't tried enough recipes to actually know the good ones... anyway I will be baking those tomorrow... wish I could share with you! and for all you others, keep the recipes coming! maybe I will find my perfect lemon bars...just hope I don't gain 10 pounds in the process!! :)

Jeff and Rose said...

I like the Lemon bars from Simply Divine--over by the Costa Vida in town...and you don't have to make them, just eat them.

Sunny Jo said...

I am SO glad u posted about this!! I was Craving these BIG time the other day, so I drove to kneaders to try there's. And to be honest, they were not good!! I was Very Disappointed!! Im gonna try your friends recipe out!! SO thanks again!! Love u!!